the death of bunny munro (1 Viewer)

Read an extract this morning - not bad at all and very funny in places. Totally different than his first one anyway.

http://www.rte.ie/arts/2009/0907/arena.html

'Arena, RTÉ Radio 1's new arts and entertainment show, begins tonight at 7.30pm.
Presented by Seán Rocks, 'Arena' will feature "guests and items from the worlds of movies, television, music and literature" each weeknight.
Among those featured in the first week will be singer and author Nick Cave, actor Ben Chaplin and composer Nico Mulhy.

http://www.rte.ie/arts/2009/0907/arena.html

'Arena, RTÉ Radio 1's new arts and entertainment show, begins tonight at 7.30pm.
Presented by Seán Rocks, 'Arena' will feature "guests and items from the worlds of movies, television, music and literature" each weeknight.
Among those featured in the first week will be singer and author Nick Cave, actor Ben Chaplin and composer Nico Mulhy.

Is Cave a guest or an item?

I'm holding out for the audiobook. It's got a soundtrack to it.
And should be readily nickable, no pun intended.

If you like words like "torrential" and "cascading" you'll like when the ass saw...

I couldn't finish it.

There's a copy of Bunny in the house. I'll never read it.

If you like words like "torrential" and "cascading" you'll like when the ass saw...

I couldn't finish it.

There's a copy of Bunny in the house. I'll never read it.

And then I go and order the autographed one...

(For the wife buh)

Tickets on sale this week for Vicar St reading I see...

What was that line in The Proposition when Ray Winstone looks out the window... Something like "What fresh hell is this?"

Criiiiiiiinge

What was that line in The Proposition when Ray Winstone looks out the window... Something like "What fresh hell is this?"

Criiiiiiiinge

that's a quote from dorothy parker, innit. you sure that was the line? the film would've been set waaay before she was constructing witticisms

Ah with was something overdramatic and came early in the film, and made the prospect of sitting through the next 2 hours unbearable.

'tis a good movie. a little pretentious maybe and the oirish accents are shameful

it is good. much the same problems as bunny munro though (IMHO): it creates an intruiging universe and gets you all set and then not much happens plot wise.

the death of bunny munro is very funny, and bunny junior is a heartbreaker of a character. it starts off really well and ends less well but it's deffo worth a read.

i liked and the ass... too though when i read it. like t'other fella it was years ago. this one's certainly better.

I couldn't finish it.
i've had it on the shelf for a few years now. having trouble starting it.
can't shake the preconception that it's going to be a stream-of-ponce-iousness kind of affair

Users who are viewing this thread

Activity
So far there's no one here
Old Thread: Hello . There have been no replies in this thread for 365 days.
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.

21 Day Calendar

Lau (Unplugged)
The Sugar Club
8 Leeson Street Lower, Saint Kevin's, Dublin 2, D02 ET97, Ireland

Support thumped.com

Support thumped.com and upgrade your account

Upgrade your account now to disable all ads...

Upgrade now

Latest threads

Latest Activity

Loading…
Back