The Curse of The Jade Scorpion (1 Viewer)

Originally posted by snakybus
everybody draws the line

hey, you, Nirvana boy!

I'll pay you £5,000,000 for that line your talking about for my Gallery

congratulations, your an artist

Speedy go look up Gilbert and George, they are two artists
they live life as Art, look like Morcambe and Wise
and paint pictures with shit you'll love them!

Originally posted by Pantone247
hey, you, Nirvana boy!

I'll pay you £5,000,000 for that line your talking about for my Gallery

congratulations, your an artist

Speedy go look up Gilbert and George, they are two artists
they live life as Art, look like Morcambe and Wise
and paint pictures with shit you'll love them!
I won't. I've been to Art college. Got the qualifications, been a teacher, and figured out that most of the time everybody is talking thru their holes. Its disguising it which seems to be the key. Not skill, vision, or hard work.

And the less 'obvious' a piece of Art is to decode, the better the Art is right?

Bollox.

You could apply that to anything and say "hey, I'm expressing myself man...you just don't GET IT".

Originally posted by Speed Racer
And the less 'obvious' a piece of Art is to decode, the better the Art is right?

Bollox.

You could apply that to anything and say "hey, I'm expressing myself man...you just don't GET IT".

I don't think anyone actually says that, Speedo.

But if they did, have you considered the fact that it might be true? Maybe you do just don't get it.

I won't. I've been to Art college. Got the qualifications, been a teacher, and figured out that most of the time everybody is talking thru their holes. Its disguising it which seems to be the key. Not skill, vision, or hard work.

I did fine art and quit for the same reasons, people making a big song and dance about nothing, and the feeling that people making lots of noise got better marks then people actually doing the work... I'd blame the teachers but more then the students, but there you go.

So I went to graphic design to make the cash (ha!), but I still love art. I love the fact you can do anything and have a go and call it art, why not! If you feel you've something you want to put out for the world to see, go for it!

BUT If you wipe your arse on a canvas (don't please!) and stick it in a gallarey, people are going to think you are a devient. Seriously, all your friends will think your fucked up and not want to talk to you.... nobody will buy it... try it, you'll see... but if you believe that you really realy want to wipe your arse on a canvas... then you'll do it, because you believe in it. So fairplay.

hhhmm not the best example... but people aren't stupid, people can tell when some one is having a laugh.

Also go check out Gilbert and George, seriously, they stir up a lot of these typ e of arguments with paints like 'PISS SHIT SPUNK' and GERORGE IS A SHIT, GILBERT IS A CUNT' and all that... but I bloody love there stuff, at the end of the day its funny and loud and colourful and over the top and great.

I don't think anyone actually says that, Speedo.

But if they did, have you considered the fact that it might be true? Maybe you do just don't get it.
Of course I have. Have you? I've also considered how easy it is to fake. As I have faked it, and got away with it completely in the past. Thats why I think alot of it is bollox.

I did fine art and quit for the same reasons, people making a big song and dance about nothing, and the feeling that people making lots of noise got better marks then people actually doing the work... I'd blame the teachers but more then the students, but there you go.

So I went to graphic design to make the cash (ha!), but I still love art. I love the fact you can do anything and have a go and call it art, why not! If you feel you've something you want to put out for the world to see, go for it!

Ditto here. I was a painter. I loved it, painted since I was 6. But lost my passion for it, when I figured out what they wanted us to do for a decent mark. Decided to go commercial too, but went for Animation, film making in general. And a Design degree of sorts.

My example of the shit painting was just that. An example, be it an extreme one. I wouldn't try it really. I eventually decided film making, and/or music was the best medium of expression for me.

well unless you're naming a specific work of art, this argument is pointless

However I'll grant you this - apparently once someone got a chimpanzee to do a painting back in the seventies and then sold it for a huge amount of money. Suckers or what?

What you object to is the fact that the wool is being pulled over people's eyes - the fact that you have done this yourself, as you say, makes it a bit rich that you're giving out about it, but that's neither here nor there. For every joker there's lots of real artists with integrity and real vision. The same could be said of more mainstream and tangible modes of expression. But when you discount a whole ethos of a branch art as "Bollix", you're being narrow-minded. And I suspect you don't really think this, you're just trying to stir the shit in your usual obtuse way.

My example of the shit painting was just that. An example, be it an extreme one. I wouldn't try it really. I eventually decided film making, and/or music was the best medium of expression for me.

and the world is a better place for it... imagine the stink of a shit painting...

well I hope you get my point, Art is whatever folk want it to be,
and hurrah for that...

Here Snaky... Ixnay on the painting animalsnay.... have you seen the Art of Go and the 'painters' on it?

also your signtiure made me laugh thru my nose like a geek

.....sorry network error here, two posts...

well unless you're naming a specific work of art, this argument is pointless

However I'll grant you this - apparently once someone got a chimpanzee to do a painting back in the seventies and then sold it for a huge amount of money. Suckers or what?

What you object to is the fact that the wool is being pulled over people's eyes - the fact that you have done this yourself, as you say, makes it a bit rich that you're giving out about it, but that's neither here nor there. For every joker there's lots of real artists with integrity and real vision. The same could be said of more mainstream and tangible modes of expression. But when you discount a whole ethos of a branch art as "Bollix", you're being narrow-minded. And I suspect you don't really think this, you're just trying to stir the shit in your usual obtuse way.

Hey, SOME Art is bollix. Thats what I was saying. Not all. God no.

I stirred nothin.

Originally posted by manky mongrel
I'll shit in your mouth at the thumped disco and call that art

it'll move me anyway, isn't that what art is s'posed to do?
Never stick yer Naked ass in front of a Dogs face. Wuff, wuff!

I'll bite the bollix off ye!

Users who are viewing this thread

Activity
So far there's no one here
Old Thread: Hello . There have been no replies in this thread for 365 days.
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.

21 Day Calendar

Fixity/Meabh McKenna/Black Coral
Bello Bar
Portobello Harbour, Saint Kevin's, Dublin, Ireland
Meljoann with special guest Persona
The Workman's Cellar
8 Essex St E, Temple Bar, Dublin, D02 HT44, Ireland

Support thumped.com

Support thumped.com and upgrade your account

Upgrade your account now to disable all ads...

Upgrade now

Latest threads

Latest Activity

Loading…
Back