The Cooking Thread (1 Viewer)

• Thread starter GO
  • Start date
  • Replies 324
  • Views 27K
  • Watchers 7
I made some great bean burgers using Isa Chandra Moskowitz's recipe. They were amazing. Don't have a photo because I ATE THEM ALL, but I recommend the recipe. I left out the gross corriander of course, but added some fresh parsley

Cookbook review: Isa Does It

Wanna make these next:

Baked-Buffalo-Tempeh-Tenders-2-773x1024.jpg

baked buffalo tempeh

Well, that's good to know. Lots of aluminium ones here.
Steer well clear of the aluminium..they turn tomatoes yocky apparentally.Which is the last thing ya want!

I love my PC (thats what us pressure heads call them fyi)((I just made that up,and pressure heads,which I'm gonna stick with).
I couldnt go back to waiting longer than 20 mins for a stew.
Thats fucking barbaric.

Mines a 6 litre Fagor prestige.Its all kinds of the shizzle BUT its on the small size.
It wouldnt do if I was having guests round for coddle..which is fairly unlikely in any event so its all good

Cheap pressure cookers have all sort of fiddly mechanisms - which can be a pain in the hole.
You don't want anything too cheap, or anything very old fashioned (think those weights that your mother was always pricking around with when you were a kid).

I keep all the chicken bones in a big ziplock in the freezer - as soon as that's full...chicken stock in the pressure cooker.. save them as ice cubes in the freezer.

Beans - there's no other way too cook them that isn't a general fucking nuisance. No soaking, no nothing just a hour in the pressure cooker.

Mexican guisados - think the type of things you'd put in a taco - Barbacoa, Pork in Salsa Verde etc. Pressure cooker is your only man.

I keep all the chicken bones in a big ziplock in the freezer - as soon as that's full...chicken stock in the pressure cooker.. save them as ice cubes in the freezer.
I do this, just without the pressure cooker.
So I'd like to up my game.
I keep another bag with nice aromatic offcuts - leek and celery and whatnot in there too. Nice to throw in with the bones to give the stock a little bit of depth

Chicken stock in the PC is out of this world.

I do a chicken stew..its basically my coddle recipe but with a chicken instead of pig.

Its possibly even nicer than coddle.

The SECRET is use sweet FA water.Half a coffee mug TOPS.
The pressure squeezes all the juice outta the veg so thats yer soup..but its more of a sauce.Oh baby

Users who are viewing this thread

Activity
So far there's no one here

21 Day Calendar

Lau (Unplugged)
The Sugar Club
8 Leeson Street Lower, Saint Kevin's, Dublin 2, D02 ET97, Ireland

Support thumped.com

Support thumped.com and upgrade your account

Upgrade your account now to disable all ads...

Upgrade now

Latest threads

Latest Activity

Loading…
Back