The Cooking Thread (1 Viewer)

• Thread starter GO
  • Start date
  • Replies 324
  • Views 27K
  • Watchers 7
Thats a cracking looking dinner..colcannon with duck?Thats a pretty fucking rad combination!

I've yet to attempt cooking duck.Never really even thought of it til now..but I reckon I'll give it a go.

I'd like to make crispy duck like out of the chinese

I had to google "tautology".

Fuck TV chefs

I'm still eating beef and leek stew..I wish I had a freezer..would save me having to eat the same thing for three days

duck only took about 15 mins to cook. pierce skin with fork, pan fry it in a dry pan skin side down for 4-5 mins, flip it, add two glugs of oyster sauce, peppers and chilli. transfer to the oven for 8 mins @ 180, remove and rest it for another 5 mins before slicing it, then sauce over. colcannon was with kale, not cabbage, and extra butter (it is saturday after all).

I'd like to make crispy duck like out of the chinese
this is time consuming in my experience and usually involves a whole duck. really smoky too so you'll need to clean the oven after. best i did was with the leftover duck from xmas dinner. got the little pancakes in the local spice shop. decent effort, but i'd be more inclined to leave it to the take-away in future.

this is time consuming in my experience and usually involves a whole duck. really smoky too so you'll need to clean the oven after. best i did was with the leftover duck from xmas dinner. got the little pancakes in the local spice shop. decent effort, but i'd be more inclined to leave it to the take-away in future.
I was under the impression that crispy duck was deep fried?

My idea for it is like the way you do crispy beef..shredded and into the chip pan

I was under the impression that crispy duck was deep fried?

usually roast for a few hours, but if yr doing it right, you'd blanch the whole duck in boiling water first (to tighten the skin which helps make it crispy), dry it, season then roast, remove it and shred the meat with two forks before returning it to the oven for a final blast. duck is way too fatty already to be deep-frying it i'd've thought.

Wow..that seems simple enough..I'm gonna try it
I imagine get the oven going as hot as possible is the way to go..top shelf

Lovely!Thank you.BY way of appreciation here is a pcture of tonights dinner..Beef N Leek Stew with homemade wholegrain bread and HP sauce!

Also my debut instagram picture!
10986100_842230219167277_2087599408_n.jpg

Lovely photo. I feel compelled to buy you a proper bread knife though.

Lovely photo. I feel compelled to buy you a proper bread knife though.
Aww fuck..well spotted.

I only have the one knife..and its a great knife..I keep it RAZOR sharp.
I'm totally obsessed with keeping my knife sharp.Its the analog food processor!

But it makes shite of bread! hahaha

Aww fuck..well spotted.

I only have the one knife..and its a great knife..I keep it RAZOR sharp.
I'm totally obsessed with keeping my knife sharp.Its the analog food processor!

But it makes shite of bread! hahaha

I recognized it because I refuse to buy myself a bread knife, as I don't eat bread, in a hopeless carb fatwa that bread is winning.
So I still buy bread but like some failed Marxist govt. I don't have the knife to cut it and usually end up just ripping it apart with my hands.
My chef's knife just squashes it halfway back to dough.

You need to catch yerself on and don't be buying into all these fucking food fads.

Its simple..don't eat so much that you get fat..but eat everything.Job done.

Speaking of Marxism and cookery I really want to get a pressure cooker..thats the proper way to stew beef

You need to catch yerself on and don't be buying into all these fucking food fads.

Its simple..don't eat so much that you get fat..but eat everything.Job done.

Speaking of Marxism and cookery I really want to get a pressure cooker..thats the proper way to stew beef

Woah!!!!!!!!!!!

Way to go!Four times the knowledge.

Started working back in a kitchen tonight. The place had a Michelin Star back in the 90's. Forgot how back-breaking kitchen work is, buh. Deadly buzz though, working with a proper chef. Plan on learning loads.
For now though, 6 Carlsberg cans from well earned wonga in the hand.

had the loveliest bowl of seafood chowdah, for nothing. Would eat it 3 times a day given the chance.

I do this thing while I'm watching TV where I peel a sleeve of garlice (four bulbs)
Then put them on the lowest heat with just enough oil to lightly coat them.
I give them a rustle every few minutes or every ad break.
Testing with a fork til they're done and I have a tub of roasted garlic that is ready to throw into anything. Or mush with a fork and spread on a sandwich or fuck into a Ramen.

Unbelievable deals on veg in Aldi at the min.

I'm sorry I didnt take a pic of the last two nights dinners.

€1.50 a plate chops and three veg.

Also..I threw out my stupid big Celtic Tiger plates and got 4 old school 10"ers.
It really does make you eat less.Its a brilliant trick.
I was reading..that plates and get this..even FORKS have gotten something like 25% bigger since the 80's.

I'm gonna start taking this thread a bit more serious.

Cooking is fucking awesome.

I especially love making fantastic food as cheap as possible.
So satisfying

Users who are viewing this thread

Activity
So far there's no one here

21 Day Calendar

Lau (Unplugged)
The Sugar Club
8 Leeson Street Lower, Saint Kevin's, Dublin 2, D02 ET97, Ireland

Support thumped.com

Support thumped.com and upgrade your account

Upgrade your account now to disable all ads...

Upgrade now

Latest threads

Latest Activity

Loading…
Back