The Charlie Brooker Thread (1 Viewer)

I didn't think it ran out of steam at all.
The PM (ostensibly the man in charge of the country) was made to fuck a pig at the behest of the mob.

People texting in on their cellphones to phone polls on Sky News were in charge, which means no one was anymore.

Lovely stuff really.

Pretty much what he said about it, after being inspired by the Gordon Brown 'bigoted woman' incident.

"This was inspired partly by the kerfuffle over superinjunctions, and partly by the strange out-of-control sensation that takes grip on certain news days – such as the day Gordon Brown was virtually commanded to apologise to Gillian Duffy in front of the rolling news networks. Who was in charge that day? No one and everyone."

Wasnt that the gimpy lil bro outta Dead Mans Shoes.He is a class act that lad.

Oh yeah?I dont remember him in that.Must watch that again actually.

I wish that Black Mirror was on every week.It could be the new Tales Of The Unexpected.

I couldnt disagree more..I was RIVETED to the screen.

Yeah, I'm there with you on that. I was hanging on every word.

We kinda already do similar now, quoting people's emails and texts back at them in arguments.
Or for those with a jealousy problem, breaking into a lover's email or sneaking a look at their texts.
For a vast group of people their lives became searchable after they got gmail and started using Gchat to stay in touch.
I like how these episodes are nominally in some recognisable future but also work as stories about today.

That episode was written by Jesse Armstrong. He's top notch, wrote Peep Show, Thick Of It and In The Loop.

Goddamn.

Wow, that last one was head and shoulders above the other two(and I liked them both). Wonderfully nuanced and clever writing; great performances and best of all a fully realised grain obsessed near future. Two more new writers and make the next series at least six episodes please.

I'm with Andy..that was by far the best one.Classic telly and no mistake

Users who are viewing this thread

Activity
So far there's no one here
Old Thread: Hello . There have been no replies in this thread for 365 days.
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.

Support thumped.com

Support thumped.com and upgrade your account

Upgrade your account now to disable all ads...

Upgrade now

Latest threads

Latest Activity

Loading…
Back