The Charlie Brooker Thread (1 Viewer)

shit, was watching tallafornia instead. 45 mins of my life that i am never getting back.

Stinger.

After the excellent first episode I thought it would be straight down hill but I liked this one a lot too. Much closer to what Brooker does best i.e pass judgement on modern media, but whoever is writing with him now seems to have a fair touch of subtlety and writes believable characters. Fair play, looking forward to the next one.

What happened my font ?

Stinger.

After the excellent first episode I thought it would be straight down hill but I liked this one a lot too. Much closer to what Brooker does best i.e pass judgement on modern media, but whoever is writing with him now seems to have a fair touch of subtlety and writes believable characters. Fair play, looking forward to the next one.

I thought there was no way that the second episode could be better than the first and I was really really wrong! Can't remember the last time I shouted at my telly so much.

also: teh hotz:

MV5BMTM2NDQ2MjUzOV5BMl5BanBnXkFtZTcwNzI5ODYxNA@@._V1._SX214_CR0,0,214,314_.jpg

‎||RESUME VIEWING||

It was co-writter by his wife, Konnie Huq (although they used her real name on the credits)

P.S. you just infected my font I think.

I thought it was absolutely top drawer.It harked back to the classic morals heavy sci-fi of olden times on which I grew up...I'd watch that every week no problem.

That song was fucking awesome too.

Saw the National Anthem last night. The initial premise was funny but it completely ran out of steam.

Saw the National Anthem last night. The initial premise was funny but it completely ran out of steam.

I disagree.

WHile there was dark comedy in it I didn't find the initial premise funny in and of itself (as an idea it's gunny, but not in the sober realistic way in which it was presented). I thought the closer and closer it got to you realising that he was going to have to go through with it the more intense it got.

I also loved the kicker at the end where she had actually been released earlier before the PM commited the act while everyone was "elsewhere, watching screens".

That said, there was a lot more to personally engage / identify with in the 2nd episode.

Lady Sybil is flaming hott. That's mostly what i took from last sunday's yoke. Much preferred it to the first one, which was subtle like a hammer dipped in anthrax is.

just watched the two episodes back to back. quality TV but all very tales of the unexpected for the modren age if you ask me.

Users who are viewing this thread

Activity
So far there's no one here
Old Thread: Hello . There have been no replies in this thread for 365 days.
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.

Support thumped.com

Support thumped.com and upgrade your account

Upgrade your account now to disable all ads...

Upgrade now

Latest threads

Latest Activity

Loading…
Back