Charlie Brooker's Black Mirror (1 Viewer)

Like Barry Shitpeas and Philonmena Cunk ok kinda funny in the Wipes but creating all bafflingly elaborate, cringey, unfunny characters, rather than have Brooker do main commentary. Why??

Like Barry Shitpeas and Philonmena Cunk ok kinda funny in the Wipes but creating all bafflingly elaborate, cringey, unfunny characters, rather than have Brooker do main commentary. Why??
Looking at the wiki it does seem netflix 'produced' it out of existence. Apparently brooker wasn't famous enough so they opted for a narrator. Interesting footnote too that leaving bbc production was related to intellectual property disputes which gives me a suspcion that jeremy clarkson will be presenting screenwipe next christmas. I do think the lack of archive access might have been the clincher too though, like even the boris/trump snips were fleeting. Wonder if he'll be back at the beeb again or is the money too good.

Looking at the wiki it does seem netflix 'produced' it out of existence. Apparently brooker wasn't famous enough so they opted for a narrator. Interesting footnote too that leaving bbc production was related to intellectual property disputes which gives me a suspcion that jeremy clarkson will be presenting screenwipe next christmas. I do think the lack of archive access might have been the clincher too though, like even the boris/trump snips were fleeting. Wonder if he'll be back at the beeb again or is the money too good.
I reckon money's too good and he just LOVES working with A List actors

Fun Fact from my latest reading. Limmy was asked to write an episode for the first season before it came out. He didn't really get the tone and wrote something a bit funnier than what the show ended up being. There's an 80s style rambo knife in the world, anyone who has it can do whatever they want and not get punished. the end.

New series not very good. 2 and a bit good episodes.

last two were barely about tech, more like bad horror genre parodies? He did nothing interesting with the true crime episode either

Yeah, this series is not great. Straying too far from the "tech" aspect, which is the crux of the whole thing

Users who are viewing this thread

Activity
So far there's no one here

21 Day Calendar

Lau (Unplugged)
The Sugar Club
8 Leeson Street Lower, Saint Kevin's, Dublin 2, D02 ET97, Ireland

Support thumped.com

Support thumped.com and upgrade your account

Upgrade your account now to disable all ads...

Upgrade now

Latest threads

Latest Activity

Loading…
Back