The Charlie Brooker Thread (3 Viewers)

Am I mad or does Charlie appear to have become a bit of a lefty pin up all of a sudden?

Especially since he took up the running too though.

Edit..I jnust accidentally came up with a catchy Charlie Brooker song that I'm not gonna bother with..

Charlie Brooker,wasnt much of a looker
until he took up running and writing sci fi
A dystopian vision,full of witty incision
He used to look shit on the television

Just so we're clear, the moral of that last episode was that women are not to be trusted, yeah?

yeah it was a bit funny wasn't it? the guy had clearly lost it, even if he was proven right in the end. not sure why they had to show that. His carry on was deeply fucking disturbing, why almost legitimize it? he should have ended up with his eyes burnt out.

yeah it was a bit funny wasn't it? the guy had clearly lost it, even if he was proven right in the end. not sure why they had to show that. His carry on was deeply fucking disturbing, why almost legitimize it? he should have ended up with his eyes burnt out.

Well, I’m no expert but I would have thought the point was that to constantly give yourself access to review, parse and critique your life, our minds will tend to go to dark places.
Essentially, modern life offers us more and more information, but is there ultimately an advantage in knowing everything?
He was proven right on the facts, but at what cost? Better a loving family and some minor nagging worry, or vindication and emptiness?
I think by ripping out the grain, we got his answer.

I'm not sure his actions were legitimised, he was ultimately a victim of technology and his own mind.

Just watched the first two episodes of this. Both excellent but the second one was especially good. Great dark dysopian sci-fi.

yeah, just watched episodes 2 and 3 there a couple of nights ago. bedad, thats unbelievably good television. couldn't pick a favourite episode. great to hear there will be more in the future

Users who are viewing this thread

Activity
So far there's no one here
Old Thread: Hello . There have been no replies in this thread for 365 days.
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.

Support thumped.com

Support thumped.com and upgrade your account

Upgrade your account now to disable all ads...

Upgrade now

Latest threads

Latest Activity

Loading…
Back