The best record (singular) ever (full stop)? (1 Viewer)

rice krispies, now there's a beat i can dance to

you can't dance to most of this shit. you'll all sit around moping.
or maybe rocking out.

Just picking an individual song i'd have to go with 'stand by me' by ben e. king - i'm pretty sure it's perfect.

Still Killing Joke - Killing Joke (EG) for me.
It's funny cos I've been listening to this loads lately and it's weird that the production is never picked up on.
To my ears it pisses on anything Martin Hannet ever did and it's produced by the band themselves - love to know who engineered it.

Re: Best Record Ever?

nlgbbbblth said:
forgotten by whom?

Most Weddoes fans (myself included) would rank Bizarro as #1 or #2 in their albums list.

Forgotten by me, I used to listen to it to death then up until last month I hadn't listened to it in fucking ages.

aoboa said:
Still Killing Joke - Killing Joke (EG) for me.
It's funny cos I've been listening to this loads lately and it's weird that the production is never picked up on.
To my ears it pisses on anything Martin Hannet ever did and it's produced by the band themselves - love to know who engineered it.

the only killing joke song i will admit to liking is 'love like blood'

and that's it.

as for my favourite record so far, i think i have to be honest and say that the cleverest and most intense and most played by me would have to be

B00004W3MS.02.LZZZZZZZ.jpg

La La said:
the only killing joke song i will admit to liking is 'love like blood'

and that's it.

as for my favourite record so far, i think i have to be honest and say that the cleverest and most intense and most played by me would have to be

B00004W3MS.02.LZZZZZZZ.jpg

You should get your hands on 'Eighties'. It's the song Nirvana paid money out for when they acknowledged they stole the riff.

Personally my fave desert island tune is 'I'm an Upstart'- Angelic Upstarts.

P. Littbarski said:
it's an amazing piece of work...whats your favourite song(s)

jesus, not really sure if i could pick a favourite, or even 3 or 4 favourites - it's an astounding album

'helter skelter' got to be one of the first instances of grunge
'while my guitar gently weeps', 'blackbird' - beautiful
'dear prudence', 'mother nature's son', 'cry baby cry' - not far behind
'rocky racoon', 'piggies' ' . .bungalow bill' - funny and brilliant

spawned how many great covers too?? some faves are though 'long long long' (Low) 'happiness is a warm gun' (The Breeders), 'wild honey pie' (Pixies)

love the rockier kinda stuff to like 'why don't we do it in the road' and 'revolution'

that's only scratching the surface kinda

Mudhoney - Every good boy deserves fudge.

kicks the shit out of every other album ever, except maybe 'Sheer Heart Attack' by Queen and Minor Threat's 'Discography' and lots of others, but only maybe.

czar said:
jesus, not really sure if i could pick a favourite, or even 3 or 4 favourites - it's an astounding album

'helter skelter' got to be one of the first instances of grunge
'while my guitar gently weeps', 'blackbird' - beautiful
'dear prudence', 'mother nature's son', 'cry baby cry' - not far behind
'rocky racoon', 'piggies' ' . .bungalow bill' - funny and brilliant

spawned how many great covers too?? some faves are though 'long long long' (Low) 'happiness is a warm gun' (The Breeders), 'wild honey pie' (Pixies)

love the rockier kinda stuff to like 'why don't we do it in the road' and 'revolution'

that's only scratching the surface kinda

It has some shit on it too - 'Oh Blah Di, Oh Blah da' spawned too many wedding songs.

Re: Best Record Ever?

Zeelander said:
WU TANG CLAN - 36 CHAMBERS
JONI MITCHELL - BLUE
Funny enough, those are the 2 first records that came into my head when I considered this question
But I also think the question is kinda daft - there's kind of a level beyond which "is this better than this" becomes nonsense ... when you're comparing stuff you're kinda comparing which is closest to being a Great Record, but Great Records are Great, and can't really be compared
Ha
That just came into my head just now, but there's a grain of truth in it, I'm sure

SEIGE - the comp. that came out in last year on lp that collects up their 6 song Drop Dead demo (1984) and the 3 songs from the cleanse the bacteria comp the following year. also my long time favourite WRETCHED - Lotta Per Vivere cd which collects up the Italian bands material from 1982-88 except the first 7" this came out in 1996. (some of the later material on this plus their final gig has also been realised on cd this year).

Users who are viewing this thread

Activity
So far there's no one here
Old Thread: Hello . There have been no replies in this thread for 365 days.
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.

21 Day Calendar

Fixity/Meabh McKenna/Black Coral
Bello Bar
Portobello Harbour, Saint Kevin's, Dublin, Ireland

Support thumped.com

Support thumped.com and upgrade your account

Upgrade your account now to disable all ads...

Upgrade now

Latest threads

Latest Activity

Loading…
Back