The best record (singular) ever (full stop)? (2 Viewers)

czar said:
jesus, not really sure if i could pick a favourite, or even 3 or 4 favourites - it's an astounding album

'helter skelter' got to be one of the first instances of grunge
'while my guitar gently weeps', 'blackbird' - beautiful
'dear prudence', 'mother nature's son', 'cry baby cry' - not far behind
'rocky racoon', 'piggies' ' . .bungalow bill' - funny and brilliant

spawned how many great covers too?? some faves are though 'long long long' (Low) 'happiness is a warm gun' (The Breeders), 'wild honey pie' (Pixies)

love the rockier kinda stuff to like 'why don't we do it in the road' and 'revolution'

that's only scratching the surface kinda

i love songs like bungalow bill, honey pie, ob la di....my parents were well into the beatles back in the day and I guess the songs that sound like nursery rhymes have always stayed in my head since I was a little kid

on what release do low cover long, long, long ? I'd love to hear it (their cover of fearless by pink floyd is cool and was a nice suprise at the gig in christchurch a couple of years ago)

P. Littbarski said:
on what release do low cover long, long, long ?

not sure what the actual release was pierre (but can find out), was on a 3-CD box set of Low rarities and b-sides that i bought last year - will have a sconce when i go home

Without shadow of a doubt the best record EVER!!!!!! is SEA CHANGE, BECK... It's gotta be listened to every day... Allah in spandex demands it.. also recommended to prey with is Van Halen's Van Halen, Isaac Hayes Black Moses and Niggamortice (the Original release title) by the Gravedigggaz... It is a crazy question you pose... entirely subjective and dangerous with the high level of infadels that stain our planet... watch out... May your ass be beautiful ........ALLAHQUANDO!!!

Osama Van Halen said:
Without shadow of a doubt the best record EVER!!!!!! is SEA CHANGE, BECK... It's gotta be listened to every day... Allah in spandex demands it.. also recommended to prey with is Van Halen's Van Halen, Isaac Hayes Black Moses and Niggamortice (the Original release title) by the Gravedigggaz... It is a crazy question you pose... entirely subjective and dangerous with the high level of infadels that stain our planet... watch out... May your ass be beautiful ........ALLAHQUANDO!!!

hey osama: should we also listen to bad wizard?

Don't ask me...ask Allah in spandex. I'll say this though.... any sultan, mullah, maharaja or pope worth his salt has a wizard on hand for some hard rock magic!!!!!!...........AAYYY AYYYAYAYA AAAIEEEEEEE ALLAHQUANDO!!!!!!

nuke terrorist said:
SEIGE - the comp. that came out in last year on lp that collects up their 6 song Drop Dead demo (1984) and the 3 songs from the cleanse the bacteria comp the following year. also my long time favourite WRETCHED - Lotta Per Vivere cd which collects up the Italian bands material from 1982-88 except the first 7" this came out in 1996. (some of the later material on this plus their final gig has also been realised on cd this year).

That's some good records mentioned there. There was another Wretched cd came out last year. It has some of the stuff on the previous cd and the last gig along with some video footage.

Re: Best Album Ever?

LMD64 said:
How about a tracklisting?

[font=Arial, Helvetica, sans-serif]Jean and Dinah
From a Logical Point of View
Not Me
What is this Generation Coming To?
Tic, Tic, Tic
Beauty is Only Skin Deep
[/font]

[font=Arial, Helvetica, sans-serif]I Learn a Merengue, Mama
Take Me Down to Lover's Row
Mama, Looka Boo Boo
Coconut Water
Matilda, Matilda
They Dance All Night
[/font]

From a logical point of view, better marry a woman uglier than you

I have that Robert Mitchum album. Good for a song or two, but the fun runs out pretty quick. ESG? I'm not having that at all.
B00007LVBJ.01._SCMZZZZZZZ_.jpg
B000000SWA.01._SCMZZZZZZZ_.jpg
B000025JS6.01._SCMZZZZZZZ_.jpg
e491261ap9e.jpg

old said:
I have that Robert Mitchum album. Good for a song or two, but the fun runs out pretty quick. ESG? I'm not having that at all.
B00007LVBJ.01._SCMZZZZZZZ_.jpg
B000000SWA.01._SCMZZZZZZZ_.jpg
B000025JS6.01._SCMZZZZZZZ_.jpg
e491261ap9e.jpg

well, there is not a bad song on that album and it always makes you feel like shaking your bootie!

Users who are viewing this thread

Activity
So far there's no one here
Old Thread: Hello . There have been no replies in this thread for 365 days.
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.

21 Day Calendar

Fixity/Meabh McKenna/Black Coral
Bello Bar
Portobello Harbour, Saint Kevin's, Dublin, Ireland

Support thumped.com

Support thumped.com and upgrade your account

Upgrade your account now to disable all ads...

Upgrade now

Latest threads

Latest Activity

Loading…
Back