The bands that got away… (2 Viewers)

also really regret not seeing the cocteau twins at the olympia (i think) for the heaven or las vegas tour

also the pale saints supporting the pixies in the rds (i think) - didn't care for the pixies much (which is really why i didn't go) but always loved the pale saints

had a ticket for neil young at slane but decided to go to holland for the summer instead. don't regret that at all, though i wish i could have seen that gig all the same somehow

Had electric picnic day tickets to see Pulp in 2011 but decided we couldnt be arsed going on the day. Finally saw them this year.

Slept through a Supergrass gig (at home, by mistake).

Had electric picnic day tickets to see Pulp in 2011 but decided we couldnt be arsed going on the day. Finally saw them this year.

Slept through a Supergrass gig (at home, by mistake).

I had the offer of a ticket, lift and sleeping bag for EP 2005.

Can't even remember why I turned it down, but everyone I knew came back talking as if they had had an encounter with the Holy Spirit, so I gathered I missed out on a good one.

The Murder City Devils were supposed to play that room upstairs in Vicar Street in 2001 I think? It was cancelled and the band broke up, not sure in which order.

I’d seen them a few months before supporting At the Drive-In who dedicated the show to a former work colleague of mine who died of an asthma attack, which was very cool of them.

Right, two just popped into my head:

Q and Not U apparently played a Skinny Wolves show in The Hub. 2007? Not sure, never heard a thing about it at the time.

Sweep the Leg Johnny in Whelan's which I heard at the time was cancelled but Gary on here said he was at it...

Also the De Soto Records band Juno...did they support Mark Lanegan in Whelan's? I turned up with a few cans inside me about 2001 or 2002. I asked them did they play, rather sulkily two of them replied they didn't. Surly Northwestern bastids...a bloke from Built to Spill was the main support. I wasn't sure at the time if they were hating on my foolish enquiry out of some ill-natured, unsporting superiority. Still that angsty, sarcastic quality they had as a band...makes sense they were complete arseholes. Only right.

Q and Not U apparently played a Skinny Wolves show in The Hub. 2007? Not sure, never heard a thing about it at the time.

Sweep the Leg Johnny in Whelan's which I heard at the time was cancelled but Gary on here said he was at it...
I think I have a miniDV tape somewhere with a recording of that STLJ gig on it.

Q And Not U broke up in 2006 I think? Trust me, if I knew they were playing anytime after Different Damage came out I’d have heard about it.

Looks like I’m missing Jessica Moss tonight. My bus is here but the driver hasn’t had his break yet. Sigh.
She played with Big Brave the other night...that's the important bit.

Presume it's the same tonight.

also q and not u...not sure the year or if it's even reality.

But I will ask Hermie from Thumped if he's at BB tonight.

No,I did the Belfast Sweep the Leg Johnny gig. They played in the cafe. It was great. There was some confusion over the gig but I'd have remembered it as the opening band cancelled and we stepped in on the night to play,but I was involved organising the gig anyway

Q and not U sounds right,( as in that they played sometime)but I was never bothered by them so can't confirm it

The Murder City Devils were supposed to play that room upstairs in Vicar Street in 2001 I think? It was cancelled and the band broke up, not sure in which order.

Don't remember hearing about that. But I also wasn't aware of an upstairs vicar street venue.

I did see Murder City Devils a few times before though

Also the De Soto Records band Juno...did they support Mark Lanegan in Whelan's? I turned up with a few cans inside me about 2001 or 2002. I asked them did they play, rather sulkily two of them replied they didn't. Surly Northwestern bastids...a bloke from Built to Spill was the main support. I wasn't sure at the time if they were hating on my foolish enquiry out of some ill-natured, unsporting superiority. Still that angsty, sarcastic quality they had as a band...makes sense they were complete arseholes. Only right.

Myself and my friends got a table on the balcony for that one. I don’t remember Juno playing but the Built to Spill guy you’re thinking of is Brett Netson, who was in Lanegan’s circle on and off around that time.

Don't remember hearing about that. But I also wasn't aware of an upstairs vicar street venue.

I did see Murder City Devils a few times before though

I don’t think that venue within Vicar Street was open for very long, it had some name like The Red Room or something along those lines. I never actually went to a gig there (I had a ticket for the Murder City Devils one but got it refunded so no evidence, alas).

Skinny Wolves did put on an An Albatross gig, in Kennedy’s I think? I wish I’d gone to that one.

Users who are viewing this thread

Activity
So far there's no one here

Support thumped.com

Support thumped.com and upgrade your account

Upgrade your account now to disable all ads...

Upgrade now

Latest threads

Latest Activity

Loading…
Back