the ballad of ronnie drew (3 Viewers)

But. But, what if it's any old shit by very famous people that will gaurantee it's sales, and raise lots of money?

there should at least be some notion of quality though, but there simply isn't any there

There was an Alexei Sayle quote in the paper the other day which went along the line 'When Hitler invaded Poland he should have said that he was doing it for charity and he would have got away with it.'

genius

Likening Bono to Hitler, brillers

musical nazi-ism?

Pat craning over Shane Mc Gowan from behind was brilliant, so Alan Partridge like!.|..|Also why did Bono keep talking and interrupting everyone else?He kept butting in all the time, even when dear old ronnie was talking.

because he's a very important man
:cool:
leigh

bam

To view this content we will need your consent to set third party cookies.
For more detailed information, see our cookies page.

there should at least be some notion of quality though, but there simply isn't any there

I'm not a big fan of myself but who gives a shit. It'll raise a load of money and its a decent sentiment. The song itself is beside the point.

Imagine your legacy was pissed on while still alive and heralded as a masterpiece OUT OF POLITENESS.
All of those contributors are like mafia hitmen, walking slowly towards poor oul Ronnie, smiling and arms outstretched, ready to knife the poor fucker in the back.

FUCK SENTIMENT
They're musicians.
It's a song.
It's attrocious.

If they only wanted 'sentiment' then they should have dug deep and wrote out cheques.

Also why did Bono keep talking and interrupting everyone else?He kept butting in all the time, even when dear old ronnie was talking.

In Bono's head everyone in the studio is interrupting him.

AND the melody in the chorus is a rip-off of Hallelujah

::clef:: Ronnie-Drew-Ya, Ronnie-Drew-ya, Ronnie-Drew-Ew-Ew-Ya....... ::clef::

Pat craning over Shane Mc Gowan from behind was brilliant, so Alan Partridge like!.|..|Also why did Bono keep talking and interrupting everyone else?He kept butting in all the time, even when dear old ronnie was talking.

hahahaha yes. shane was there doing his tongue in teeth 'laugh' and you could see pat over his shoulder kinda trying to get him to stfu!!! brilliant. also the way pat started singing 'old triangle'. hahaha. i guess barney didnt exactly appear capable though.....

i also agree with wileminabert about the andrea corr/bono bit.

admittedly i didnt know who half the people on the stage were, but i would also have preferred their two cents as opposed to Bono's the ENTIRE time.

i was totally choked up every time ronnie was speaking, especially during those flashback bits

I just don't understand how they got all of those people together and ended up with such a vapid song.

Poor Ronnie was probably sitting there wishing he'd never got sick at all so that the world could be spared this fucking guitar mass/premature funeral.

Also, Sinead should talk to her doctor about lowering the dosage.

I was half expecting to see Michael O' Leary take the mike for a verse there for a minute. And flash forward in time : Michael Flatley summoned from the darkness as he leads his troops in a tribute Riverdance on Ronnie's grave in Glasnevin cemetery.

Shane McGowan sounds like he's had his DNA spliced with a tomato.

And Howard Marks ? Keeping the Dubliners lungs full of ganja smoke for years no doubt.

Just thinking of the missed opportunity in not bombing whatever studio that was recorded in makes me really sad. :(

I watched the late late for the first time in ages last night.

I thought it was very entertaining. The whole thing. Those hardcore monks dudes were sound.

Fuck the haterz. The Late Late is back in my good books.

Imagine your legacy was pissed on while still alive and heralded as a masterpiece OUT OF POLITENESS.
All of those contributors are like mafia hitmen, walking slowly towards poor oul Ronnie, smiling and arms outstretched, ready to knife the poor fucker in the back.

FUCK SENTIMENT
They're musicians.
It's a song.
It's attrocious.

If they only wanted 'sentiment' then they should have dug deep and wrote out cheques.

But Ronnie does'nt give a fuck.

I watched the late late for the first time in ages last night.

I thought it was very entertaining. The whole thing. Those hardcore monks dudes were sound.

Fuck the haterz. The Late Late is back in my good books.

Ah, I didn't mean that in a bad way, really. It goes onto my list of Things What I Love About Ireland. Most of us probably have a shiteload of cable channels, and yet, on a Friday night, it's still the norm to tune in to the Late Late. I only switched it on because my neighbour told me I should watch it.

I hardly ever see it, but it is genuinely entertaining, even when it's twee (which is most of the time), I'm glad people still watch it and I'm glad it still survives. I just wish they understood that people are watching it in spite of Pat Kenny, not because of him, and they'd get someone really good to host it.

Who would you pick to replace him, if it was up to you?

Yeah, Pat is still rubbish and awfully cringy.

If it was down to me I'd have either John Kelly or Pimpbot 5000.

Pimpbot.jpg

"Mess with my bitches Ronnie, and i'll cut you up."

Users who are viewing this thread

Activity
So far there's no one here
Old Thread: Hello . There have been no replies in this thread for 365 days.
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.

21 Day Calendar

Fixity/Meabh McKenna/Black Coral
Bello Bar
Portobello Harbour, Saint Kevin's, Dublin, Ireland

Support thumped.com

Support thumped.com and upgrade your account

Upgrade your account now to disable all ads...

Upgrade now

Latest threads

Latest Activity

Loading…
Back