The Acid House Thread (1 Viewer)

2005-1-6-19-14-33-dont-go.jpg

and hten you go and save the best til last....

Brian Conniffe said:
i'm not so into much of his stuff, but his plug drum + bass stuff was great. the plug remixes of meat beat manifesto and nine inch nails (!) were fantastic. i digress.
i really liked the yoseph album from a few years back but yeah, his plug stuff is definitely my favourite (not overly into the wagon christ stuff ... amen andrews stuff is pretty cool too though)

d'ye know altern 8 have reformed? they were playing glasgow a few weeks back while i was over but i was too knackered and broke to go (plus i was flying out the next morning and going from past experience i probably would've missed the flight if i'd gone)

Wobbler said:
They were supposed to have been only ok at Traffic. I missed it anyway. Mark Archer is on the discogs forums under the name mrnex. Nice guy.

He's put out some pretty good electro and breaks as Mr Nex.

http://www.ireland.com/theticket/articles/2006/0609/1149725210858.html

Jim Carroll brought this in the station Saturday, fuckin deadly! Will sum1 not start a hacienda night here or would it be full a knacks? I would love to get ourra me head and dance to this, seriously, I think there would be a market for this. Maybe skinny wolves could have this theme some night, ha?

rowdy row tinka said:
http://www.ireland.com/theticket/articles/2006/0609/1149725210858.html

Jim Carroll brought this in the station Saturday, fuckin deadly! Will sum1 not start a hacienda night here or would it be full a knacks? I would love to get ourra me head and dance to this, seriously, I think there would be a market for this. Maybe skinny wolves could have this theme some night, ha?
That and this are all you need!
http://www.amazon.co.uk/exec/obidos...97283-1066304?_encoding=UTF8&s=music&v=glance

nEiLo said:
there was an old skool night a couple of years ago in voodoo with all the old Sides DJs. great fun. and a bit scary too.

Not as scary as actually being in Sides towards the end.

where was sides? was it a nightclub? Skinny wolfes should have a fuckin acid house night after section 25 in july or else the portly hounds, imagine the laugh, I know, I know, I'm so tacky, theme nites and all....

As far as I know Sides was on Dame Street and was one of the first "rave" clubs in Dublin. Apparently it could be get quite messy. I'm far too yound so I wasn't around then.

On the subject of a "themed" night it doesn't have to be tacky. I reckon a good club night focusing mainly on house/Detroity techno from 85-93 could do well. I think there's alot of people pretty disilusioned with modern dance music.

ah jaysus yeah, I remember me friends older brother always goin to a club called sides, we were 4 years younger though and couldnt go with them ever, however, we did put on high heels and got into a few other places i don't care to mention.
This place sides wasnt full a knacks shur it wasnt?

Users who are viewing this thread

Activity
So far there's no one here
Old Thread: Hello . There have been no replies in this thread for 365 days.
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.

21 Day Calendar

Fixity/Meabh McKenna/Black Coral
Bello Bar
Portobello Harbour, Saint Kevin's, Dublin, Ireland
Meljoann with special guest Persona
The Workman's Cellar
8 Essex St E, Temple Bar, Dublin, D02 HT44, Ireland

Support thumped.com

Support thumped.com and upgrade your account

Upgrade your account now to disable all ads...

Upgrade now

Latest threads

Latest Activity

Loading…
Back