TESCO SLAVE LABOUR TACTICS (1 Viewer)

in fairness, its actually irish govt who introduced that scheme rather than tesco. any employer can hire in that manner now, and a version of it without the 50 euro a week has existed for years. i really do think some selectiveness is really needed for that scheme to be of any positive benefit to ireland.

If you do the maths, 35 hours a week at the minimum wage of €8.65 only comes to €302, so if you're in receipt of the full dole plus rent allowance plus the extra €50 you're pretty much making the same amount of money. So it's not like it's slave wages. Just saying.

I agree withy Posty though, learning to stack shelves is fuck all use in terms of getting anyone off the dole and back to work and that's not tescos fault. In it's current form this scheme only really benefits the employer which is ridiculous.

No ones arguing that.

But the government can go fuck themselves twice for dropping the ball on what could have been a useful scheme. Firstly they could have got rid of those ridiculous unpaid internships you see in the art and media places. Now they are slave labour.

A mate of mine did one as a photographers assistant, at one stage she literally had to hold a pair of knickers for a model to step into. I kid you not. Imagine not getting paid to hold boxers for some lad, his junk dangling there in front of you at head height as you kneel in front of him, holding the waistband of his under garments. Have you got a good image of it there ? Have you ?

learning to stack shelves is fuck all use in terms of getting anyone off the dole and back to work

i'm not defending the scheme or tescos' use of it, but it's always been the case that there's a certain %age of people on long term "jobseekers" allowance that are so completely and utterly unemployable, any workplace experience is going to be of benefit to them. But I doubt they're the target demographic for this.

I agree withy Posty though, learning to stack shelves is fuck all use in terms of getting anyone off the dole and back to work and that's not tescos fault. In it's current form this scheme only really benefits the employer which is ridiculous.

Why the fuck if Tesco are employing someone fulltime are the rest of us directly footing the bill?

Work experience my hole, it must be the way things are going, we hired a girl last year and I told her we'd hire her for a trial period of a week just to make sure all was grand, and then I'd tell her if she had the job full time. At the end of the week I gave her her pay packet and she kinda panicked "But I'm on a trial period, I'm not being paid!" That was the first time anyone said anything like that. She told me later she was offered summer jobs if she worked one month free, they'd keep her on the rest of the summer at minimum wage. It's execrable, immoral, reprehensible the ways corporations will exploit well meaning programmes like JobBridge. Well done government. :(

I'd like to see a "TD Internship" scheme introduced, where prospective politicians are granted the opportunity to do 6 months work in the Dáil for €50 + dole per week.
Alternatively, I'd like to see all TDs from both the current and previous government interned in work camps and made to actually do something useful.

-

just go here and select your locality if so. tesco is tip of the iceberg. try being a solicitor for 250 bucks a week.

http://intern.jobbridge.ie/

A solicitor texted into a radio show featuring an interview with Joan Burton last week and mentioned that that was what he was earning..she just made a noise and dismissed him as a sorry individual then bleated on about how she was helping the 'mothers of Ireland'

She assumes that it is only school leavers who are being forced to take these 'internships'. I say 'forced' because people still need what used to be called 'work experience' on their cv's

She is completely out of touch and is refusing to listen to valid criticisms of this failed initiative

this was mostly a redressing of the wpp (work placement program) from the last dynasty anyways. pete ; yes- speaking from the dole capital of earth, long termers would need to be actually baton charged into something like this every day for the whole 9 months. anyone i know on it is a recent grad or a family person without other options.

Last time I was signing on in Donegal I had the CWO call out to the house to assess me. He said in order to process the forms I would need to have some proof that I was looking for work. He said ''just get someone to give you a letter, sure the dogs in the street know there are no jobs''

tesco and all their chain store mates have been trying and successfully enforcing slave labour in farming internationally for years anyways, but those are the breaks of the joys of saving 5c on beans and all that.

tesco and all their chain store mates have been trying and successfully enforcing slave labour in farming internationally for years anyways, but those are the breaks of the joys of saving 5c on beans and all that.

Don't forget that the savings generally only last a couple of months.Fucking tesco.If they get away with this you'll see every company in the country doing the exact same thing.

Users who are viewing this thread

Activity
So far there's no one here
Old Thread: Hello . There have been no replies in this thread for 365 days.
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.

21 Day Calendar

Darsombra (Kosmische Drone Prog)(US)
Anseo
18 Camden Street Lower, Saint Kevin's, Dublin, Ireland
Gig For Gaza w/ ØXN, Junior Brother, Pretty Happy & Mohammad Syfkhan
Vicar Street
58-59 Thomas St, The Liberties, Dublin 8, Ireland

Support thumped.com

Support thumped.com and upgrade your account

Upgrade your account now to disable all ads...

Upgrade now

Latest threads

Latest Activity

Loading…
Back