Tape Op magazine - Free subscription (1 Viewer)

I've been getting this for free too for over a year. Dunno how that works for them...it's a very "high-end" mag though, the gear reviewed is waaaaaay out of most people's budgets, but then it's not really aimed at home studio users. Can be interesting if you're into reading interviews of people who invented a particular type of valve compressor in 1972.

It is free though

I got the first two with no hassle, but I've been waiting a few months now for the next one, in the meantime a new one has been issued. It's annoying, cos I'd love to read the black metal article everyone is bitching about :)

I've been getting this for free too for over a year. Dunno how that works for them...it's a very "high-end" mag though, the gear reviewed is waaaaaay out of most people's budgets, but then it's not really aimed at home studio users. Can be interesting if you're into reading interviews of people who invented a particular type of valve compressor in 1972.
It is free though
Well, I mean no offense- and do agree that MANY of the things reviewed are pretty dear $$-wise, but tapeop is very much aimed at making good recordings-- DIY at home, in the practice space, or in a 'real' studio (whatever-t.f. that means anymore...). True it's much different than the first couple years, the first few editions were a xeroxed zine on the cheapest paper to be had... but there's always something interesting and useful to be gleaned that can apply to home recording, 'cos any technique that can be used by the $1M studios can be used by us at home. Like info on room acoustics & monitor placement, micing techniques, 'how do you plug this thing into that thing', etc. The Q and A's in ever edition's letters section is fkn great and informative, and the 'big names' never talk down to or belittle people for asking questions. And for certain, if they didn't review high-end gear for us to covet or shake our heads at as insanely expensive, they couldn't sell adds which makes the free subscriptions possible...
That being said, I've read many an unfavorable review of mega-buck stuff there, regardless of how much ad space a company might've bought.
the most recent edition does review a new +$4k Josephson mic, BUT they also give full column or more reviews of the Naiant X-M omni mic ($69), the MXL V67n mic ($119), the ART M-5 ribbon mic ($149), and even one on the book "This is your Brain on Music-the Science of a Human Obsession," which I'm gonna buy as soon as I can spare the $25 bucks.
Best of all I think is the whole vibe of DIY & how to do your best with what you've got. Also true, there is usually an interview with somebody who invented a compressor!
Right, off the soapbox for me now...gettin' dizzy up there.

Free no more:

Dear Tape Op EU subscriber,

Thank you very much for being a Tape Op Subscriber and helping us to launch the magazine in the EU!
Unfortunately we are unable to continue to offer a free subscription. Our costs have been higher
than we expected and the current economic situation is not helping.

We have tried to make it as affordable as possible - only £15 per year.

Go here to sign up for a one year subscription (6 issues).
https://ssl.tapeop.com/ukeu/

You will still be able to collect a copy from Pro-Audio retailers like Jukebox and Audio Addict in France
or Telenordia in Germany, these copies will be 100% free - check out the web site for a list of stockists.
If you enjoy reading the magazine let the people you buy gear from and the gear manufacturers themselves
know that you read Tape Op. The bottom line is Tape Op is advertiser supported and the more ads we have,
the more editorial we can run.

If you have any questions about the paid subscription email [email protected]

Thanks for reading Tape Op,
Al, Larry and John

Free no more:

Dear Tape Op EU subscriber,

Thank you very much for being a Tape Op Subscriber and helping us to launch the magazine in the EU!
Unfortunately we are unable to continue to offer a free subscription. Our costs have been higher
than we expected and the current economic situation is not helping.

We have tried to make it as affordable as possible - only £15 per year.

You will still be able to collect a copy from Pro-Audio retailers like Jukebox and Audio Addict in France
or Telenordia in Germany, these copies will be 100% free - check out the web site for a list of stockists.
If you enjoy reading the magazine let the people you buy gear from and the gear manufacturers themselves
know that you read Tape Op. The bottom line is Tape Op is advertiser supported and the more ads we have,
the more editorial we can run.

If you have any questions about the paid subscription email [email protected]

Thanks for reading Tape Op,
Al, Larry and John

I reckon it's worth it. I just gave 'em my money. £15 is great for a years subscription

sheesh, I didn't think of this-- my wife's shop usually has 5 or 10 copies of the u.s. vers left over... oughta ship 'em to red tape or the Thumped Int'l World HQ, I'm off to the postie 2mro anyways n' will figure out what that'd cost to ship to a co. dublin addy n' a norn county.... gotta be some way to distro a few copies around for almost free... nobody tell larry though or there goes my jackpot discount :eek:
redtape, what's the malahide post code/int that whur yew iz? heck i'm often mailin' stuff over yonder anyhoo, HAH here's a separate deal, hire me to mix you a couple songs n' you get a free u.s. vers. scrip to tapeop for a couple years...

but you gotta hire redtape to record it.|..|

hah, their constipated server will get a good dose of cyber-lax and gush sodden back-issues all over the joint...

yeah, redtape- pm me with yer addy n' #68 with massey et al will be on its merry way.

D6, hmmm? close enough to hurl trash at the loud drunk tourists on temple bar? you'll be needing a trebuchet, of course... I think there's plans for them in tapeop too.|..|

Users who are viewing this thread

Activity
So far there's no one here
Old Thread: Hello . There have been no replies in this thread for 365 days.
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.

21 Day Calendar

Darsombra (Kosmische Drone Prog)(US)
Anseo
18 Camden Street Lower, Saint Kevin's, Dublin, Ireland
Gig For Gaza w/ ØXN, Junior Brother, Pretty Happy & Mohammad Syfkhan
Vicar Street
58-59 Thomas St, The Liberties, Dublin 8, Ireland

Support thumped.com

Support thumped.com and upgrade your account

Upgrade your account now to disable all ads...

Upgrade now

Latest threads

Latest Activity

Loading…
Back