Synth DIY (1 Viewer)

Yeah defo gonna add at least the white noise generator from that and the rest when I order more chips (don't ahve any 4051 or 4040).

Any ring mod suggestions?

Think I'm gonna have to do a lot of reading on that electro-music forum.

So after building a load of pedals the past few months, I think I'm finally gonna try get stuck into building a little patchable noise synth for myself. Thinking of using the following:

40106:
4 or 6 Drone Oscillators (with inputs for FM fun)
2 LFO oscillators (maybe)

4093:
4 Gate oscillators

Simple White Noise Generator (possibly the one shown in the Beavis Synth)

MFOS WSG Low pass Filter

Some sort of Distortion/Fuzz

4011 ring mods (x2)

some form of mixer (w/ diode & resistor swtches)

Any of you guys done any more messing around with this stuff recently???

I built a two oscillator drone and a four oscillator drone. The two oscillator had two pitch pots and just one master volume and the four had individual volumes/pitches plus the master volume. Both of them were built witrh the 40106 using resistor mixing. I wasn't mad about the diode mixing so just left that out. Also the volumes on each oscillator were interdependent to some extent so you may want each one to be switchable rather than just turning down the volume like the drone lab as that just knocks them all off. Been thinking of doing something similar to yourself. Maybe we could bounce some ideas around if you want?

I also built a dub siren with 555 chips like the atari punk console. It's basically one oscillator being modulated by another 555 chip.

I have vero layouts for all three if anyone wants them.

MFOS WSG Low pass Filter

you should have a butchers on ebay for a cem 3379

jahmazing filter on a chip. it's old and slightly expensive (c 20 squid) but is the real deal when it comes to filters. used in various synths. there's a basic circuit on the datasheet if you google for it.

I've been wanting to do something with a diy dual sine wave osc circuit for a while. i've just started college at night so i reckon i won't get a chance to do anything again for ages...

Yeah that's why I wanna make it patchable, to be able to be droney but also noisey when I want it :) totally up for sharing any ideas or nice schemtic finds, although it's been a while since I've found any new decent schematics for things online.

What was it about the Diode mixing ya didn't like Moose?? I hear it makes them interact a little more, whatever that means :)

Also Ootini, what method did you use for patching on your 4osc gadget?

Hey Moose, I joined the Deathlehem Machine forum and asked a couple of questions. I got an amazing response and was given a whole LOAD of info on building a modular drone synth. You'll need to register to be able to view the threads but there's a load of great inf in there so definitely worth checking out!!

the link is....

http://deathlehem.com/php/index.php

Sweet cheers. Maybe I'll just let you figure this all out and then I'll copy you. :D

there's a WHOLE lot more to it than you would think! From powering the seperate modules to making sure they various modules are working and transmitting similar voltages....

This may be a long-term project :)

Cool just signed up there now and waiting to be activated. Have you a link to your thread there?

Looks cool! Will be able to check it out properly when I get home later.

Have a little synth project in motion for myself at the moment. All will be revealed......

Users who are viewing this thread

Activity
So far there's no one here
Old Thread: Hello . There have been no replies in this thread for 365 days.
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.

21 Day Calendar

Darsombra (Kosmische Drone Prog)(US)
Anseo
18 Camden Street Lower, Saint Kevin's, Dublin, Ireland
Gig For Gaza w/ ØXN, Junior Brother, Pretty Happy & Mohammad Syfkhan
Vicar Street
58-59 Thomas St, The Liberties, Dublin 8, Ireland

Support thumped.com

Support thumped.com and upgrade your account

Upgrade your account now to disable all ads...

Upgrade now

Latest threads

Latest Activity

Loading…
Back