Suspended coffee (1 Viewer)

Hooray?

• Yay

Votes: 9 69.2%
  • Nay

Votes: 4 30.8%

• Total voters
"Hot tramp, I love you so" as Bowie said, but would you please take your free coffee and leave without making a fuss, that would be great, thanks

521963_582252185118255_1708836519_n.jpg

He's a lovable looking gypo in that picture in fairness.

He'd be an asset to have in any establishment.

Kinda like Clavin in Cheers.

Some interesting points in that article. What about the charities that refuse to say what executives are getting? They should be able to defend their salaries on the grounds of the work they do but if they're not willing to do that why the fuck should anyone give them a penny. And I bet if you looked the salaries of Irish charity CEOs that they wouldn't compare favourably with similar sized charities elsewhere in the world.

agree that their pay should be a matter of public record. charity ceo has often been a nice little sinecure for pasturing grandees. be interesting to see what the wrung-handed would make of 500k salary for a proper ceo.

People are starting to wise up to these scams - they will be wary of the obvious ones and become leery of posts that tug at their heartstrings. But the bad guys find the angles faster than the rest of us figure out how to protect ourselves. They're already becoming more subtle and sophisticated, and any popular cause or pop culture phenomenon is at risk of being exploited. And each new scam creates more cynicism as the rest of us slowly clue in.

People are starting to wise up to these scams - they will be wary of the obvious ones and become leery of posts that tug at their heartstrings. But the bad guys find the angles faster than the rest of us figure out how to protect ourselves. They're already becoming more subtle and sophisticated, and any popular cause or pop culture phenomenon is at risk of being exploited. And each new scam creates more cynicism as the rest of us slowly clue in.

Read more: http://www.calgaryherald.com/technology/Budge+Facing+Facebook+scams/8176929/story.html#ixzz2PiC2LAfH

I kind of die a little inside when I see someone I had previously respected liking one of these clearly bogus cancer/Aids/downs flytraps.

Thankfully the little superiority bump I get keeps things trucking along quite nicely.

theres a fair amount of cunty charities. For example, any charity that would use the services of a chugger are cunts.

A good friend of mine used to work for Gorta and tales of their nights out, especially their Christmas party almost made me sick. If we did something similar here in the Civil Service it'd be all across the front pages of every national newspaper.

Renting out castles, free drink all night, 7 course meals - that kind of shit. I guess that particular charity seems to rely more on large donations from old-money benefactors than small fry, boots on the ground chuggers and the like; so I'd say they'd argue it's an occupational necessity - albeit a fortunate one.

* Was going to edit the name of the organisation out of the last post but the time-limit seems to have expired.

Renting out castles, free drink all night, 7 course meals - that kind of shit. I guess that particular charity seems to rely more on large donations from old-money benefactors than small fry, boots on the ground chuggers and the like; so I'd say they'd argue it's an occupational necessity - albeit a fortunate one.

* Was going to edit the name of the organisation out of the last post but the time-limit seems to have expired.
In all likelihood the castles food and booze were donated so there's no problem.

NEXT!!!

While the idea of the "suspended coffee" seems admirable, laudable even, would not a more beneficial solution, twofold in its achievement to boot, be to very quietly set TNT around derelict buildings at night and then raze them to the ground with the sleeping homeless inside? It'd negate the need for "sus-cafe" (as the kids all say) while having the added boon of clearing out a lot of the raggedy parts of the city just in time for Dublin's bottoming-out and bubbling-up of the property market! A societal win win, no?

Users who are viewing this thread

Activity
So far there's no one here

21 Day Calendar

Darsombra (Kosmische Drone Prog)(US)
Anseo
18 Camden Street Lower, Saint Kevin's, Dublin, Ireland
Gig For Gaza w/ ØXN, Junior Brother, Pretty Happy & Mohammad Syfkhan
Vicar Street
58-59 Thomas St, The Liberties, Dublin 8, Ireland

Support thumped.com

Support thumped.com and upgrade your account

Upgrade your account now to disable all ads...

Upgrade now

Latest threads

Latest Activity

Loading…
Back