Superiority Complexes (1 Viewer)

Actually I is John takes it back. I is John doesn't really listen to any of that stuff so his opinion is void.

Good for JT Pighead! Good for him!

none of that is any good.
It's all good ya big ninny! Especially the Dead and Gone tune!
Pighead fails to see how you can dislike a song with the lyrics:
I turn my head to the east
I don't see nobody by my side
I turn my head to the west
Still nobody in sight
So I turn my head to the north,
Swallow that pill
That they call pride
The old me is dead and gone,
The new me will be alright

The video is excellent as during this bit of the song, Justin actually turns his head to the East West and North at the appropriate times. It's a brilliant peice of music video synergy. Not since Mel C did that eyes up/down thing at the end of the "Baby When You're gone" video with Bryan Adams has Pighead been so excited.

If Pighead went to one of your parties wearing his Justin Timberlake T-Shirt he would be pooh poohed and haw hawed at and would most probably be denounced as a pop poofter.

Hi pighead.

scutter here and would like to know how the above is any different than were scutter or i is john or chutneyfarmer or any other person were to turn up at a JT fans party wearing a Comets On Fire or a Grizzly Bear or a Land Lover's t-shirt?

scutter thanks you in advance

It's all good ya big ninny! Especially the Dead and Gone tune!
Pighead fails to see how you can dislike a song with the lyrics:
I turn my head to the east
I don't see nobody by my side
I turn my head to the west
Still nobody in sight
So I turn my head to the north,
Swallow that pill
That they call pride
The old me is dead and gone,
The new me will be alright

The video is excellent as during this bit of the song, Justin actually turns his head to the East West and North at the appropriate times. It's a brilliant peice of music video synergy. Not since Mel C did that eyes up/down thing at the end of the "Baby When You're gone" video with Bryan Adams has Pighead been so excited.

Post of the year

Hi pighead.

scutter here and would like to know how the above is any different than were scutter or i is john or chutneyfarmer or any other person were to turn up at a JT fans party wearing a Comets On Fire or a Grizzly Bear or a Land Lover's t-shirt?

An excellent question scutter and one that Pighead shall endeavor to try and answer. To be honest having been both an indie scenester and a pop scenester at various stages of his life, Pighead has come to the conclusion that the pop fraternity are a friendlier and perhaps slightly more welcoming bunch. Although they might not understand your greizzly bear they will not judge him. Instead they shall infect you with a joyous pop song and make it their mission to make you dance before the nights end (Pull Shapes by The Pipettes is a good bet to make this happen)

On the other hand the Indie fraternity have a tendency to veer towards the insular and stay amongst their own. The guy in the Timberlake T-Shirt will be left to his own devices in the corner viewed with a mixture of suspicion and disgust.

Pighead's been on this website a couple of hours and already he's getting the stench of Superiority twattishness from a certain member who shall remain unnamed. (No offence 7- No tomorrow)

Hi pighead.

Or turning up at a Black Lace gig wearing a Smokie tee shirt

Although these superiority complexes can be hurtful and have the ability to make people cry, they are understandable as well. After all most of your bands write and create their own music as opposed to the pop puppets whose main job is to look prettty. But surely the end justifies the means! One manufactured pop record could be ten times as good as a self penned depressing ode to a dead dog.

So what's your superiority complex?

Diarmuid knows that the end does not justify the means. JT is justified (he says it's so and I believe him) - you are not. That argument is for disingenuous, sneaky anonymous types who want to get up to skulduggery.

I can't believe any of us have entertained this ridiculous thread.

"thumped? Aren't they those bunch of smug indie elitists? I'm gonna show them by talking about Pop music. Blow their mind so I will."

but still, what happens if I wear a Girls Aloud t-shirt to a Lady Ga-Ga gig?

ps. Glen/c0de/ornoLady?

Diarmuid knows that the end does not justify the means. JT is justified (he says it's so and I believe him) - you are not. That argument is for disingenuous, sneaky anonymous types who want to get up to skulduggery.
Pighead may be many things but he is in no way a sneak . There's not even a hint of sneakiness in this posters make up. Back in 89 whilst in primary school Fatty Finnegan left his quarter pound worth of strawberry and ice cream sweets on his desk by mistake. Pighead could very easily have sneakily put them in his pockets and justified his actions by pretending he was saving Fatty from getting even fatter but no, instead he ran after Fatty and returned the goods to their rightful owner. Poor Fatty's dead now but sometimes Pighead thinks about him and likes to think he's smiling down from heaven at his old school pal who returned his sweeties to him all those years ago.

Definitely not sneaky.

To be honest having been both an indie scenester and a pop scenester at various stages of his life, Pighead has come to the conclusion that the pop fraternity are a friendlier and perhaps slightly more welcoming bunch.

ah so they have like this kind of superiority complex because of friendliness and such?

I only hope the rest of us can be cured of our scenesterness as you were. We can only hope.

but still, what happens if I wear a Girls Aloud t-shirt to a Lady Ga-Ga gig?

ps. Glen/c0de/ornoLady?
It depends. If you wore the T-Shirt with a regular pair of denim jeans or even flannel trousers you probably would be told by security to respectfully fuck off. On the other hand if you arrived wearing the t-shirt over a pink leotard or a transparent catsuit you'd probably be alright.

Pighead may be many things but he is in no way a sneak . There's not even a hint of sneakiness in this posters make up. Back in 89 whilst in primary school Fatty Finnegan left his quarter pound worth of strawberry and ice cream sweets on his desk by mistake. Pighead could very easily have sneakily put them in his pockets and justified his actions by pretending he was saving Fatty from getting even fatter but no, instead he ran after Fatty and returned the goods to their rightful owner. Poor Fatty's dead now but sometimes Pighead thinks about him and likes to think he's smiling down from heaven at his old school pal who returned his sweeties to him all those years ago.

Definitely not sneaky.

I think you're a little confused. It was better to be honest than to save Mr Finnegan from himself while also being able to enjoy the sweets yourself???? I think that's a demonstration of the means justifying the end. Trolls and logic clearly don't get along.

I think you're a little confused. It was better to be honest than to save Mr Finnegan from himself while enjoying the sweets yourself???? I think that's a demonstration of the means justifying the end. Trolls and logic clearly don't get along.
No offense but it is you that is confused Diarmuid! Pighead could have kept those sweets and Fatty could still be with us today but that wouldn't justify the act of theft and the empty hollow feeling which stealing inevitably brings. It seems you are living in a world of "could have" whilst Pighead is living in a more realistic world of "get it done"

And to throw out the troll card is both disappointing and lazy. If you were arguing with your Mama in real life over the quality of her cooking would you call her a troll? Would you say "Listen Mam, you're sausages were burnt and they were not at all to my satisfaction. You are quite obviously out to troll me this evening and I would appreciate it if you stopped immediately"

Of course you wouldn't. You'd eat the sausages and make a mental note to eat out the following evening. You'd realise that calling you're Mama a troll would upset her and would be really uncalled her. Pighead may not be your Mama but he has feelings too you know. Enough of the troll calling please.

And to throw out the troll card is both disappointing and lazy. If you were arguing with your Mama in real life over the quality of her cooking would you call her a troll? Would you say "Listen Mam, you're sausages were burnt and they were not at all to my satisfaction. You are quite obviously out to troll me this evening and I would appreciate it if you stopped immediately"
But, Diarmuid, I'd imagine, has a long and meaningful relationship with his Mama. It's not as if Diarmuid's Mama came into Diarmuid's life specifically to start arguments. At least I hope not, because that would make Diarmuid's Mama a troll.

Users who are viewing this thread

Activity
So far there's no one here
Old Thread: Hello . There have been no replies in this thread for 365 days.
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.

21 Day Calendar

Fixity/Meabh McKenna/Black Coral
Bello Bar
Portobello Harbour, Saint Kevin's, Dublin, Ireland

Support thumped.com

Support thumped.com and upgrade your account

Upgrade your account now to disable all ads...

Upgrade now

Latest threads

Latest Activity

Loading…
Back