Superbad (1 Viewer)

can you not go to the other cinema over by where mcdonalds and the bowling alley are?we went to see the simpsons movie there one rainy gaeltacht afternoon and it was only a fiver in!!mental..

aw poor new galway, before the plex there was just the old cinema on the salthill road. It was cold, you sat on plastic seats and there was two old pa speakers on the ground for s soundsystem.

Fucking hell, what a horrible thread

I was just going to say Ive seen this movie- it's very funny, it stars Complans Cormac and I thouroughly recommend it

now I'm all full of hate and tergiversation

Very very funny film.

Brilliant rapport between the Jonah Hill and Michael Cera characters... very natural.
I found the Fogel 'nerd' character rather one-note and pretty unfunny though (especially compared to the other 2 main leads).
Isn't that whole 'white nerd speaking black lingo' thing pretty played out at this stage?

Still.... deadly film.

HAVEN'T SEEN SUPERBAD YET BUT I BET IT'S GREAT.

I RESERVE MOVIES LIKE 'ATTONEMENT' FOR THE LADIES TO CHOOSE.

"HEY THERE HOT MOMMA....WANNA GO TO THE OL' CINEMA?"
'That sounds wonderful. Hang on and I'll make you a white russian while I think about what we could go see'
"SURE... NO SWEAT.."
'How about Attonement?'
"YEAH GRAND...MMmmmmm THIS IS A GOOD RUSSIAN"

....EVERYONE WINS IN THE END!!

ALLAHQUAANNNDO!!!

Atonement is class too, Superbad and Atonement have given me a rare double-header of good weekend trips to the movies in a row!

I was expecting a lot from the Dunkirk scene seeing as everyone was raving about it. It was assured alright but very staged, and there was no huge breathtaking shot when they first see it.

There were a couple of flashback/backward shots which were a bit too much and the cut to Vanessa Redgrave being interviewed in the present is very jarring. I didn't see the point of that setup. IIR the end of the book is set in the house again I think that would have been more effective - the interview setting is quite contrived.

overall - really really liked it.

Users who are viewing this thread

Activity
So far there's no one here
Old Thread: Hello . There have been no replies in this thread for 365 days.
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.

21 Day Calendar

Lau (Unplugged)
The Sugar Club
8 Leeson Street Lower, Saint Kevin's, Dublin 2, D02 ET97, Ireland

Support thumped.com

Support thumped.com and upgrade your account

Upgrade your account now to disable all ads...

Upgrade now

Latest threads

Latest Activity

Loading…
Back