Superbad (1 Viewer)

There were a couple of flashback/backward shots which were a bit too much and the cut to Vanessa Redgrave being interviewed in the present is very jarring. I didn't see the point of that setup. IIR the end of the book is set in the house again I think that would have been more effective - the interview setting is quite contrived.

Yep. That bit REALLY fucking bothered me, as brilliant as her performance was. And it WAS brilliant.

Yep. That bit REALLY fucking bothered me, as brilliant as her performance was. And it WAS brilliant.

Dissolve back to the house with Vanessa talking - it would taken us longer to realise she was in the present and that the preceding narrative was only imagined but I think it would have worked far better.

I think the fact that the book finishes at the house reminds us of how it was impossible for her to ever escape what she had done.

That was great. Really really sweet an funny. Every time one of the guys was talking to a girl was just great - the barely contained panic on their faces. The girls were very well written - not the usual blank targets you have in these films. And actually played by teenage girls as opposed to 30something Maxim models - whatever next!

Only reservations:
A touch long but that might change on a second look.
McLovin was a bit too screechy and dorky.
Rapport between the other two was great.
Cops were a bit OTT and the bit with them explaining themselves to him in the bedroom should have been dropped - It would have been better if they had him around cause he was just a kid and they really just didn't give a shit.

Overall great - better than I had even expected.

...........not a lame duck moral agenda in sight.

Someone in the cinema actually went "oh no" as fat guy leaned over to hug the other guy- assuming it was going to go all Brokeback Mountain

spoiler - it doesn't

Oh and The Goon posters all over the bedroom merit extra points for this movie

Mitchum said:
Chilling b/w morality, stereotype cyphers for protagonists, crypto-Republican dogma.

shit, it makes cops out to be good guys, CRYPTO-REPUBLICAN DOGMA A-GO-GO

I was the only one in the cinema to LOL at the 'who's that guy' bit

Users who are viewing this thread

Activity
So far there's no one here
Old Thread: Hello . There have been no replies in this thread for 365 days.
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.

21 Day Calendar

Lau (Unplugged)
The Sugar Club
8 Leeson Street Lower, Saint Kevin's, Dublin 2, D02 ET97, Ireland

Support thumped.com

Support thumped.com and upgrade your account

Upgrade your account now to disable all ads...

Upgrade now

Latest threads

Latest Activity

Loading…
Back