Sufjan Stevens... (1 Viewer)

Why did you not get a ticket when they went on sale?

• Hadn't heard of him then.

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Didn't realise 1 million other hipsters would be looking for a guestlist place too.

Votes: 0 0.0%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
Re: Sufjan Stevens - anyone got 2 spare tickets?

Zeelander said:
You'll like him I promise you Ro. His music is fresh and sparkly and lush.

Sufjan is great but i'm still wiping my eyes as I don't have a ticket, sniff, sniff

he's not very good live, is the thing.

Mumblin Deaf Ro said:
Is this guy any good? It's just I was kinda disappointed after yiz all said brendan benson was rapid, but he just turned out to be ok.

He occasionally does theme nights at gigs. Pirate night, circus night, pep squad night and all that.

Hope it's pep squad night on Friday, his Xylophonist is hot:

katrina.jpg

Agreed. She's all like pouting and shit

"Oooh Sufjan why do I have to stand here looking beautiful and providing a USP to attract the smelly nerd-boy demographic? It would pain me less to flog a kitten. Pass me my weird French cigarettes"

he's deadly live! the gig in the douglas hyde last winter was brilliant!

this tour has all cheerleaders and shitz

edit: oh, you meant brendon bendsons

I did.
He was god awful in whelans a couple of years ago, I cringed for him.

dudley said:
edit: oh, you meant brendon bendsons

kirstie said:
he's not very good live, is the thing.
I imagine his voice would be very poor live? Was listening to some stuff in the brother's car yesterday and the vocals were layered throughout like haven's face.

For real though, I have to get into this gig, ticket or no. It may be time to break out the once-a-year nunchuks !ninjaaaa

Lately I've been spending my every waking hour listening to Illinoise.

Casimir Pulaski Day is something else.

I think Casimir Pulaski Day is one of the weaker songs on the album yet it gets mentioned in every review....baffling. I also like how most reviews mention the line in Decatur "Abraham Lincoln was the great emancipator" just cos its so remarkably joyous sounding.

Has anyone heard A Sun Came or Enjoy Your Rabbit? Any good?

well see
we saw him in New York in 2001, supporting French Kicks and he was completely and utterly fan fucking tastic. I was just amazed by him, however he did lose his voice after about 4 songs. In anyways I'd never heard of him before that and so immediately bought the album he was selling at the gig, which was lapalco and it was rarely off the stereo for the next couple of years. I still reckon tiny spark might be one of my most favourite songs of all time.

Then he was supposed to play whelans but it was cancelled at the last minute and when it got re-schduled I rocked up in a lather of excitement. And it was SHIT. God it was so awful, acoustic bollix with a load of braying Frames-esque fans shouting fawning crap at him and I went totally off him and have not bought anything by him since, nor do I care to ever see him live again. V disappointing.

ReadySteadyJedi said:
I imagine his voice would be very poor live? Was listening to some stuff in the brother's car yesterday and the vocals were layered throughout like haven's face.

Users who are viewing this thread

Activity
So far there's no one here

21 Day Calendar

Lau (Unplugged)
The Sugar Club
8 Leeson Street Lower, Saint Kevin's, Dublin 2, D02 ET97, Ireland

Support thumped.com

Support thumped.com and upgrade your account

Upgrade your account now to disable all ads...

Upgrade now

Latest threads

Latest Activity

Loading…
Back