Stupidly good guitar playing (1 Viewer)

Unicron

Threads
Website
theformersovietreublic.bandcamp.com
I'm no kind of picker at all but having found a "how to" video on Elliott Smiths' Angeles I decided that it might be a worthwhile thing to learn how to do, if I nail it I'll be a dramatically better player. After 3 hours of practice on the picking pattern last night my hands are fucked this morning in a way guitar playing hasn't made them since I first started playing. And all I learned was the first chord.

So maybe not stupidly good playing but it's stupidly hard for me to do

GO

Now Is Go
Supporter
Threads
Just came across this random total fucking monster on youtube whilst looking up the guitar

Edit....Great balls of fire he has a bunch of videos

Last edited:

chris d

Supporter
Threads
im enjoy andy at proguitarshop getting some fat pumpkins tones stacking pedals

Lili Marlene

Fast as You Can
Supporter
Contributor
Threads
Speaking of jazz, I love the pre-rock'n'roll pop stuff with guitars

Dave Barbour on guitar there, it's like a form of guitar playing that is almost completely alien now, it's so natural sounding. It blows me away more than any notes per second lad ever could.

Unfortunately they cut away to the control room guys head bopping like eejits during the solo

ann post

Supporter
Threads
Melodically it sounds like what you'd hear played on a piano
I went looking at stuff from that era a year or two ago and the vibe at the time was that the guitar, with its amps and stuff could fill out space that brass and keys normally would, for a lot less than the price of a brass crew, so a lot of the lines they play are straight off the piano / brass sheet. once you hit the 50's the same thing is almost happening though rhythm chops were emerging from acoustic blues, once you hit the mid sixties, guitar has sort become 'guitar'. Its really interesting to (try and) play because it doesn't fit with my era's conventions at all.

Create an account or login to comment

You must be a member in order to leave a comment

Create account

Create a thumped.com account. It's easy!

Already have an account? Log in here.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)

Support thumped.com

Support thumped.com and upgrade your account

Upgrade your account now to disable all ads... If we had any... Which we don't right now.

Upgrade now

Latest posts

Trending Threads

Latest threads