Stupid things you did as a small child! (1 Viewer)

wild_cat

Inspired by the "things your parents told you when you were a kid" thread I was just wondering, about stupid things you did like break sometthing to get back at your ma... or something like that...

Most of these happened when I was around 3...
I remember my mother and I were in my brothers school when he was in 6th class, I cant remember very much except that my mother had to drop in something to him in his class. As she entered the class room I noticed a whole load of painted salt dough things that were outside the door. When no one was looking I took a bite out of one and left it back down and then I put another one in my pocket.....

Another time my mother was in the kitchen talking with her friend and I came in and asked for a tea towel. She gave me one... a few minutes later they heard me singing loudly, and the came outside to see me sitting on my little red chair in the middle of a big puddle washing my feet.

One christmas some one got this violent blue donald duck bubble bath in their stocking, I was told not to go near it but It was on the floor and I couldnt help myself. I opened it up, and spilled it all over the presents and the carpet by accident and then threw the bottle on the floor.... and ran off...

Another time I lost my mothers wedding ring... she found it outside in the stones, I claimed I didnt have it.

Then at the grand old age of 17.. I cut up her wedding dress so I could dress up as Kat Bejellend in the blue violet video for haloween... Shes still asking me did I see it....

you?

I once drew a bunch of pictures on the bonnet of the car, with a rusty nail.

My little bro once went to make tea, so he filled the kettle with milk, sugar and a teabag.

I once kicked in a set of patio doors whilst in a rage at my sister locking me out and not letting me watch the breakfast club

I insisted on checking out the 'felicities' in every restaurant, bar, hotel etc I was taken into as a child, and then commenting loudly on them

Wait,....I was standing by my da while he was hammering down floors and then hit him square on the back of the head as soon as he handed the hammer to me. My ma found me standing over my unconscious da, laughing.
We dont talk enough, me and my da.

I ran straight through the (closed) glass door at the bottom of our stairs when I was 2 or 3 - ouch... Around the same time I also hid for a couple of hours behind a pair of wooden screen doors when we were on holiday in Portugal, for reasons that now evade me, until my parents who had searched the house and were on the verge of calling the police, finally noticed my shoes sticking out under the bottom rail.

I only ate red stuff as a kid.
And raw onions, I would eat them, like apples, till my ma caught me.

Anyway, if it was red, I was eating it. So were were out in the forrest, and I found all these berries. Which were red...
lords_ladies.jpg

So, I wolfed down a load of them. And went about my business. And informed my dad some time later of my fabulous find.
Except, those berries were poisonous. So, I had to get fairly serious medical attention, fairly quickly.

I didnt die though. So that was cool.

I also ran through a H Williams glass door. Much blood was spilt.

And I kicked down a toilet door, while my old man was inside, cause "it was urgent". I was about 4 at the time, so i blame the door.

I got hammered drunk at a party on the dregs of people glasses when I was about 6, and sprinted about the place through peoples legs, untill I almost fell out of the building, and my folks realised I was locked.

When I was 2 I tore most of the skin off my face for some reason. My folks wondered why I was so quiet in the back of the car, and turned around to find me sitting in a pool of blood.

I could basically go on.

It appears I wasnt a particularly bright child in certain ways.

when i was about 4 i remember thinking myself to be very mature and talking this other slightly younger fella who lived down the road for a couple of very long walks around the town without telling anyone we were going or where we were going and there was much parental anxiety and searching of fields/canal lines etc.

another time when i was about 7 i gave some bubble wrap that had i found to this girl who lived nearby. i decided later i wanted it back but she refused to give it so i threw her schoolbag into the pond in the town park and ruined her schoolbooks and copies. i would have got away with it except for some teenaged bitch from the loreto passed by and suggested to the girl that she tell my mother so when i got home i got a few right clathers. another time my mother put me outside the backdoor for something so i threw a bucket of ashes from the fire all over the washingmachine area.

my older sister and her friend strapped loads of stink bombs to some bangers, lit them and threw them in the neighbours letter box and the neighbours complained to my parents so the next day as a punishement for squealing myself and another girl festooned the backgarden of the complainers with vast amounts of litter. they saw us do the whole lot through the windows and complained again but my dad thought it was a case of crying wolf and told yer man to get lost.

- 4 yrs - fed myself and my sister a load of what i thought were chives but which turned out to be a poisonous plant. i still remember the taste of the milk my mom gave us before she induced our vomiting

- 5 yrs - climbing out of a basement window which lifted upwards on a hinge, my leg dislocated the window and down it crashed on the same sister, cut her neck open, she nearly died, nearest hospital MILES away.

- 10 yrs - using a hockey goalie's stick to chop away at a snowbank tomahawk style, friends head got in the way, concussed him, blood everywhere, stitches

- 15 yrs - me and 2 buddies burned down another friend's dad's garage while playing with a tennis ball soaked in gasoline.

- 32 yrs - just last friday and saturday drank a cd release party and a bar dry of beer, then red wine, then white wine, then grappa. puked for the first time in 7 years. saw god. he looked amused, but not particularly surprised.

i ran away from home one summer in ireland.

and when i say run away from home, i mean i packed my swatch backpack (does anyone remember them? late 80's, they actually had a big clock on the back? no? nevermind) with a............

-spoon
-apple
-pair of socks
-toothbrush
-guinness book of world records.

i wish the last one was a lie, but i actually did pack it.

my adventure took me to the end of Abbey Road in Monkstown which isnt even a big deal as I had bleedin cycled up and down it for years at that stage.

i didnt get far as I was apprehended and reprimanded.

Users who are viewing this thread

Activity
So far there's no one here
Old Thread: Hello . There have been no replies in this thread for 365 days.
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.

21 Day Calendar

Fixity/Meabh McKenna/Black Coral
Bello Bar
Portobello Harbour, Saint Kevin's, Dublin, Ireland
Meljoann with special guest Persona
The Workman's Cellar
8 Essex St E, Temple Bar, Dublin, D02 HT44, Ireland

Support thumped.com

Support thumped.com and upgrade your account

Upgrade your account now to disable all ads...

Upgrade now

Latest threads

Latest Activity

Loading…
Back