Striping tape with MTC from a DAW? (1 Viewer)

Yeah I think they showed us this in Ballyfermot once was nice to see it being done but why the feck anyone would want or need to do this now I dunno

They used a motu I belive , think cubase can do it

Yeah I think they showed us this in Ballyfermot once was nice to see it being done but why the feck anyone would want or need to do this now I dunno

They used a motu I belive , think cubase can do it

recording on to tape is why they would do it.

i remember a 19" white midi sync box beign used to stripe tape in Ballyfermot. strugglin to recall the make and model though.

is this the Motu job they had when you were there

http://www.motu.com/products/midi/mtpav_usb/midi.html

A colloquial term for putting time-code on a track on a multi-track tape so that the recording it contains can be synchronised with other devices, e.g. another tape machine, or midi devices or whatever...

thanks pants.

midi sorta bypassed me in a lot of ways. i did similar to this with something recently except sans midi, i just put a drum machine track on both recordings and used that for lining shit up.. prob wouldnt work if there's a tape machine speed problem though.

In case anyone is interested, it seems that the simplest way to do it without buying new equipment is to play an audio file of timecode from an audio track on your DAW onto a track on the tape and then the DAW will sync to it when you play it back off the tape. Haven't done it yet but I'll let you know how I get on. May be a week or so as I'm very busy at the moment. The problem is you need to keep the adjacent track free as bleed will fuck up the DAWs ability to sync. I'm using 8 track 1/2inch. That means I'm down to 6 tracks when syncing. Load of bollix. May have to forget syncing the DAW.

Users who are viewing this thread

Activity
So far there's no one here
Old Thread: Hello . There have been no replies in this thread for 365 days.
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.

21 Day Calendar

Darsombra (Kosmische Drone Prog)(US)
Anseo
18 Camden Street Lower, Saint Kevin's, Dublin, Ireland
Gig For Gaza w/ ØXN, Junior Brother, Pretty Happy & Mohammad Syfkhan
Vicar Street
58-59 Thomas St, The Liberties, Dublin 8, Ireland

Support thumped.com

Support thumped.com and upgrade your account

Upgrade your account now to disable all ads...

Upgrade now

Latest threads

Latest Activity

Loading…
Back