Strike Anywhere signs to Fat Wreck (1 Viewer)

• Thread starter RSJ
  • Start date
  • Replies 31
  • Views 3K
  • Watchers 3
I preferred the hadcore guys playing pop punk feel of the 7inches and midwestern. Versus god was pretty good when it came out, but situationist i could never properly get into.

Y'know what, i think i will, even though i promised myself i'd never take musical advice from someone who argued the sex pistols were shite.

Nice, I like the fact that Fat puts out the odd good record these days instead of rubbish like lagwagon and Mad Caddies. I'm not a huge Strike Anywhere fan but I do like em. I'm sure people will say it sucks just because its on fat records. Like all the spa crustys who hate From Ashes Rise because their record came out on Jade Tree despite the fact they all loved FAR two years ago.

RobSessive said:
Like all the spa crustys who hate From Ashes Rise because their record came out on Jade Tree despite the fact they all loved FAR two years ago.

fat wreck rules.
and from ashes touring with anthrax is my favoutire thing to happen all year.

Meh... fat wreck.... so so. though they do put out stuff by Avail and Propagandhi which i do like. I had a long morbid fascination with Strike Anywhere for a while. Fact.

Like all the spa crustys who hate From Ashes Rise because their record came out on Jade Tree despite the fact they all loved FAR two years ago.

Who are these people? I hear about them all the time, and about the fact that d-beat is some big trend but... Where are they? Do they actually exist?

Pretty damn good band if you ask me, the gig they played in Giro's cafe was fuckin amazing. Incidentally that's also when they decided to sign to Jade Tree apparently, bizarre! They were all pretty sound though.

eoin said:
Who are these people? I hear about them all the time, and about the fact that d-beat is some big trend but... Where are they? Do they actually exist?

hm, sounds like some shadowy anti-crust agenda... qui bono? my money's on the neoliberal military-informational complex.

eoin said:

c'mon when from ashes rise played in k town several people had already decided they'ed be shit because they signed to jade tree, people who hadn't even bothered to listen to the new album more than one time just decided, jade tree, nah it'll be shit. Also when the guitarist talked about having to spend 3000usdollars in medical fees for a broken arm i heard countless people berating him for complaining about this from the stage...why?i dunno i guess complaining about the ridiculousness of the healthcare (or lack of) system in the states doesn't matter, and bands would be just better off singing about war in some country they can't even spell..from havign to pay hefty medical bills myself before its no fuckin fun.

situationist comedy is very good once you listen to it a good bit- new punk fashions for the spring formal and SELLTHECARSELLTHEHOUSESELLTHEKIDS....are probably the high points but its not really in the same class as older D4. their best songs are the 2 on the split with Pinhead Gunpowder.

I think its a good step for strike- FAT release some top quality shit BUT remember that strike anywhere's last album didn't exactly set the world alight- Change is a sound was class though...hopefully they can recapture that brilliance.

Users who are viewing this thread

Activity
So far there's no one here
Old Thread: Hello . There have been no replies in this thread for 365 days.
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.

21 Day Calendar

Fixity/Meabh McKenna/Black Coral
Bello Bar
Portobello Harbour, Saint Kevin's, Dublin, Ireland

Support thumped.com

Support thumped.com and upgrade your account

Upgrade your account now to disable all ads...

Upgrade now

Latest threads

Latest Activity

Loading…
Back