Straight Edgers rejoice.. (1 Viewer)

TenRabbits said:
Are there any fish that taste like cow?
this little blighter is your new friend. he's a cowfish:

cowfish.jpg

dunno if he tastes like one but you can take your chances! :)

TenRabbits said:
Yes - you are apparently going to live longer than your meat-eatin brothers..

http://news.bbc.co.uk/1/hi/health/4088824.stm

So good news for veggies, bad news for fish, as meat-eaters like me will need to chow down on the little blighters more regularly to compensate for insane meat cravings. Are there any fish that taste like cow?

what is it about fish that makes them ok to eat to some people who dont otherwise eat "meat" for whatever reason? im thinking of the brothers at school who wouldnt have meat of a friday but would eat fish, and also some vegetarians i have met....

Miss Piggy said:
what is it about fish that makes them ok to eat to some people who dont otherwise eat "meat" for whatever reason? im thinking of the brothers at school who wouldnt have meat of a friday but would eat fish, and also some vegetarians i have met....

One of my major pet peeves is people who eat fish and call themselves vegetarians. They aren't.

Paul

photon said:
One of my major pet peeves is people who eat fish and call themselves vegetarians. They aren't.

Paul

My Mam is sort of one of those. She very rarely eats fish and when she does it's because someone cooks it for her, thinking that vegetarians eat fish, or she's in a restaurant without a veggie option. It's pretty funny, she's too polite to say "Here listen, I don't eat fish. I'm a VEGETARIAN" and she always winds up being ill. My Mam's deadly.

photon said:
About as much as "Deserted Village" is... ;)

Paul

Is that the venue yer talking about?! Interestingly (or not) anglican church doctrine apparently refers to homosexuality as an oxymoron.

My big downfall with any attempt at eating less meat is always sausage rolls.. the greasy little feckers are just too tempting after a booze-ridden night. It's not like you wake up with a hangover thinking 'I could just go a bit of dover sole right now..'

TenRabbits said:
My big downfall with any attempt at eating less meat is always sausage rolls.. the greasy little feckers are just too tempting after a booze-ridden night. It's not like you wake up with a hangover thinking 'I could just go a bit of dover sole right now..'

Its the Galtee rashers would be my downfall, always the Galtee rashers.

TenRabbits said:
Is that the venue yer talking about?!

Yeah, a lot of DV gigs take place in near deserted venues alright

TenRabbits said:

I heard the reason for that is that pork contains Taurine, one of the stimulating substances in Red Bull. Hence the arsekicking it gives to hangovers. The thought of red bull in the morning though.....
After years of vegetarianism, the smell of frying rashers is the only thing the world of meat that still appeals to me,
I always thought the word Taurine sounded like a focus grouped advertising creation though.

Users who are viewing this thread

Activity
So far there's no one here
Old Thread: Hello . There have been no replies in this thread for 365 days.
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.

21 Day Calendar

Fixity/Meabh McKenna/Black Coral
Bello Bar
Portobello Harbour, Saint Kevin's, Dublin, Ireland
Meljoann with special guest Persona
The Workman's Cellar
8 Essex St E, Temple Bar, Dublin, D02 HT44, Ireland

Support thumped.com

Support thumped.com and upgrade your account

Upgrade your account now to disable all ads...

Upgrade now

Latest threads

Latest Activity

Loading…
Back