Story with Modest Mouse (1 Viewer)

kozelek, such a prick. First he decides he can write better songs than Angus and Malcolm Young, not he does it to somone else. How important can you think you are?

I seriously think he's being complimentary to the people he covers/reconstructs/reinterprets however you want to label it...

I really like the AC/DC covers record. Not as much as the 'rigionals obviously, but I think they are cool versions.

I'm reeeeeeeeeeeeealy curious to hear the Modest Mouse 'riginals after hearing his covers/reconstructions/reinterpretations. Some are really bleedin good so they are.

As far as I know there are a couple of MM albums going for cheap in HMV... Think I'll take the plunge. (All thanks to that Prick Kozlek)

Thanks people of Thumped

Hah... You would have hated his Thin Lizzy cover with the string quartet when he played in The Village...

I seriously think he's being complimentary to the people he covers/reconstructs/reinterprets however you want to label it...

i would have to agree with the above statement.

i have seen him live a couple of times though and he does come across as being a mild asshole. we all have our bad days though.:)

Just put on Phantom and wait about 30 mins, you'll hear them.

Yeah but you will only ever hear the one song .. over and over. I have heard two Modest Mouse songs in my life but have heard both of them at least 2000 times.

why is it that on that sun kil moon album tiny cities all those modest mouse songs (arent they?) sound lovely and in reality modest mouse sounds shit.

interspresed with dire dance music that makes you wanna stab yourself in the ears, and chelsea dagger, my local nightclub played the new modest mouse on saturday

i was like:eek::):heart:

good times

modest mouse have written some great tunes and it would be folly to ignore them completely, but in my eyes they have never made a great album.

i love tunes like never ending math equation, here it comes, 3rd planet & the stars are projectors...but there are a lot of fillers on their albums.

my recommendation is to find someone who has all their albums, borrow them, *make backups*, keep the good tunes and forget about the rest.

i havent heard the new album but didnt like the new tune whatever its called.

i love tunes like never ending math equation, here it comes, 3rd planet & the stars are projectors...but there are a lot of fillers on their albums.

4 of the best.great places to start if you are getting into them.but i'm surprised you don't think Moon and Antarctica is a good album.not a bad song on it if you ask me.

I think the new album is fine actually...it's probably a bit more direct than the others. I can see why people may not like it, but there's a few belters on it.

Moon and Antartica rules.

Really don't like the newbie, maybe because its on MP3, but sound is terribly bland, some good lyrics and the like, but that song constantly on Phantom is just shit. really.

Users who are viewing this thread

Activity
So far there's no one here
Old Thread: Hello . There have been no replies in this thread for 365 days.
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.

21 Day Calendar

Fixity/Meabh McKenna/Black Coral
Bello Bar
Portobello Harbour, Saint Kevin's, Dublin, Ireland

Support thumped.com

Support thumped.com and upgrade your account

Upgrade your account now to disable all ads...

Upgrade now

Latest threads

Latest Activity

Loading…
Back