Word of Mouth Presents... MARK KOZELEK (Red House Painters/Sun Kil Moon, ALT, JULY 23 (1 Viewer)

Re: Word of Mouth Presents... MARK KOZELEK (Red House Painters/Sun Kil Moon, ALT, JUL

How was this is the end?

Re: Word of Mouth Presents... MARK KOZELEK (Red House Painters/Sun Kil Moon, ALT, JUL

it was hit & miss. mostly miss. he seemed like he was in the horrors.

some qoutes

" take that screwdriver out of you ear" - to a hecker who shouted for modest mouse
" It might look like I'm in a bad mood, but really, I'm in a good mood"
" It freakes me out when there's a gap in front of the stage"
" you all seem a little restless"

He also reckoned the promoter was trying to rip him off, then started slagging "the backpack" guys who always rob his setlists on European tours.

There was some musical highlights to be fair, he did a lovely MJ cover and I really enjoyed "void" but it was hard work in the end. He didn't seem like he wanted to be there, but ended up playing for nearly 2 hours. Also, someone should tell the bar staff to be a bit more discreet when disposing of empty bottles at quiet gigs.

I'd say he's much more fun with a full band behind him.

were you at the same gig? He said all that taking the piss. Totally.

I thought he was fantastic. And he was in great form.

if that's him on great form I'd hate to endure an off colour gig.

I thought it was deadly and his banter was a laugh. Complete cock forest. Would have been a great night for any ladies to pick up single, depressed guys.

I thought it was deadly and his banter was a laugh. Complete cock forest. Would have been a great night for any ladies to pick up single, depressed guys.

[ame="http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=n5aY0CAtvsk"]YouTube - [HD] Flight Of The Conchords Too Many Dicks On The Dance Floor Season 2 Episode 5[/ame]

wish I could have gone to this (not because of the cock forest though ;) )
was it packed?

Here's the setlist:
01. Glenn Tipton
02. Admiral Fell Promises
03. Like The River
04. I'll Be There (M Jackson cover)
05. Void
06. New Song 1 ("I threw the ashes.../Leaving her forever/With an ever burning red volcanic glow/And I forsaken her, when I amount to nothing")
07. Last Tide > Floating
08. New Song 2 ("See the pigeons peck on tall rooftops/Homeless on the corner kick around/Ferries float out in the Puget Sound/Scenesters with their beards and tennis shoes/skinny girls and pudgy ugly dudes/With their amplifiers from the ditches/raincloud Vancouver/dead in Denver/drowsy Idaho/blood orange LA, blood red Arizona, lone star Santa Fe, dried grass of El Paso")
09. Moorestown
10. New Song 3 ("Here in Half Moon Bay/Hear the hum of the highway/Highway 1")
11. Heron Blue
12. Blue Orchids
13. Carry Me Ohio
14. Duk Koo Kim > Jesus Christ was an Only Child
Encore:
15. You Ain't Got a Hold on Me
16. Lucky Man
17. Tiny Cities Made of Ashes

*http://www.sadreminders.com/interaction/viewtopic.php?id=2200

Really enjoyed this,wasn't as captivating as the last time I saw him play,but it was fucking beautiful in parts.
Hardly any women there alright,but the ones I did see were ridiculously attractive,I briefly entertained the idea that Kozelek,knowing there would be little in the way of visuals,handpicked them for our benefit,but I dunno if hes that sound.

having seen him on his own, and with a band i would say that its 350% better with a band. not that he was bad on his own when i saw him, its just that with the band its unbelievably good.

it was hit & miss. mostly miss. he seemed like he was in the horrors.

some qoutes

" take that screwdriver out of you ear" - to a hecker who shouted for modest mouse
" It might look like I'm in a bad mood, but really, I'm in a good mood"
" It freakes me out when there's a gap in front of the stage"
" you all seem a little restless"

He also reckoned the promoter was trying to rip him off, then started slagging "the backpack" guys who always rob his setlists on European tours.

There was some musical highlights to be fair, he did a lovely MJ cover and I really enjoyed "void" but it was hard work in the end. He didn't seem like he wanted to be there, but ended up playing for nearly 2 hours. Also, someone should tell the bar staff to be a bit more discreet when disposing of empty bottles at quiet gigs.

I'd say he's much more fun with a full band behind him.

Sounds like I made the right decision then

Users who are viewing this thread

Activity
So far there's no one here
Old Thread: Hello . There have been no replies in this thread for 365 days.
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.

21 Day Calendar

Fixity/Meabh McKenna/Black Coral
Bello Bar
Portobello Harbour, Saint Kevin's, Dublin, Ireland

Support thumped.com

Support thumped.com and upgrade your account

Upgrade your account now to disable all ads...

Upgrade now

Latest threads

Latest Activity

Loading…
Back