Star Wars VII - The Force Awakens (1 Viewer)

• Thread starter HMD
  • Start date
  • Replies 288
  • Views 23K
  • Watchers 2
Alderaan weather T
alderaan_fullpic_3.jpg

I know every single word of the first (okay, IVth) movie by heart.
Seen Empire and Jedi maybe half a dozen times each, tops.
The prequels, once each and never again.
I know the 4th (okay 1st) movie off by heart because of younger siblings playing it nonstop when they were very young. It never wasn't shite.

I saw episode 2 and 3 both once, I remember enjoying them actually. I can't muster up the urge to defend them when people go off on a mad one though.

I can't muster up the urge to defend them when people go off on a mad one though.
I find that the people that hate them most were the ones who were invested in the earlier episodes.
I think that kids like the new movies fine.

And let's face it. It's all just space princesses and pirates and evil kings.
It doesn't even pretend to be about anything deeper in the way that Star Trek or The Dark Knight do.

I watched the first one (IVth) a few years back and was shocked how creaky it was compared to my childhood memory (I grew up watching them at christmas on tv). Should I try again?

For comparison, I watched Labyrinth the other day and it was better than I remembered it being.

I watched the first one (IVth) a few years back and was shocked how creaky it was compared to my childhood memory (I grew up watching them at christmas on tv). Sjould I try again?
Each to his own.
I remember when Lucas remastered the first bunch (before the prequels) and there was huge buzz and big crowds, cos it was fuckin' Star Wars, you know? We haven't seen it since we were kids, but it's a classic.
Opening night crowds are the best, everyone's all into it with Vader and Leia, Lots of cheering.
Then when Luke showed up, more cheers, except he's all "But I was going to go into Tosche Station to pick up some power converters!" and the whole cinema goes quiet. Like a lot of people had forgotten what a whiny little bitch he was.
Anyway.

I find I watch these things differently now. Like I'm looking at how the story was put together, how they are setting up the various acts and scenes. How much more time they gave everything then. Etc etc

Very long answer to your question, without answering it. Sorry.

Ha....1999.
To view this content we will need your consent to set third party cookies.
For more detailed information, see our cookies page.

Another trailer, I posting from ipad so can't get the direct link to the video.
To view this content we will need your consent to set third party cookies.
For more detailed information, see our cookies page.

Users who are viewing this thread

Activity
So far there's no one here
Old Thread: Hello . There have been no replies in this thread for 365 days.
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.

21 Day Calendar

Lau (Unplugged)
The Sugar Club
8 Leeson Street Lower, Saint Kevin's, Dublin 2, D02 ET97, Ireland

Support thumped.com

Support thumped.com and upgrade your account

Upgrade your account now to disable all ads...

Upgrade now

Latest threads

Latest Activity

Loading…
Back