St. Patty's Day this year ? (1 Viewer)

the nationwide parade round up on the news is a highlight of my televisual year, watched whilst quaffing green milk and scoffing green and orange jelly with vanilla ice-cream

were you serious about me gettin up onstage with you guys ? I have experience, I've played a massive gig in the hydro nightclub in kilmuckeridge. the floor rotates.

yeah deadly! do you know Baby Come Back?

i can do all the Pato Banton parts perfectly, bi de bye bye bye bi de bye bye i must admit i was a clown to be messin around

what are we doing for Paddys tho?

yeah deadly! do you know Baby Come Back?

i can do all the Pato Banton parts perfectly, bi de bye bye bye bi de bye bye i must admit i was a clown to be messin around

...but that doesn't mean that you have to leave town.....

Patty.

I take it it's just an aural dialect-related fuck-up that has led generations of Americans to write Patty's instead of Paddy's?

In any case, it's really annoying.

Ha Ha ! congratulations roky, This thread was a ploy ! nobody else picked up on that ! Fools !

amyssa6.png

Ha Ha ! congratulations roky, This thread was a ploy ! nobody else picked up on that ! Fools !

I knew it! My skin crawled when i saw the title- then I saw it was by Clive and I decided i wasnt going to be Jonathan Creek off of QI by saying it

Patty's Day

< spits >

There was a piece yesterday by Dave Hannigan in the Tribune about how horrifically tacky and plastic Paddy's Day is in the States.

He recounts taking his young son to his new school in New York on the 17th. He took off the kids coat for him and suddenly the other kids and the teacher were staring disapprovingly at the little boy in his red jumper. He was wondering what the problem was, and as the kids looked the teacher explained snootily that "he wasn't wearing any green. All the children dress up in green on St. Patrick's Day. Hannigan looks at the aul bitch and says "emm..he was born in Dublin He is actually Irish, he doesn't have to pretend".

Poor kid though, morto if you do, morto if you don't.

Users who are viewing this thread

Activity
So far there's no one here
Old Thread: Hello . There have been no replies in this thread for 365 days.
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.

21 Day Calendar

Darsombra (Kosmische Drone Prog)(US)
Anseo
18 Camden Street Lower, Saint Kevin's, Dublin, Ireland
Gig For Gaza w/ ØXN, Junior Brother, Pretty Happy & Mohammad Syfkhan
Vicar Street
58-59 Thomas St, The Liberties, Dublin 8, Ireland

Support thumped.com

Support thumped.com and upgrade your account

Upgrade your account now to disable all ads...

Upgrade now

Latest threads

Latest Activity

Loading…
Back