Squarehead - 'Yeah Nothing' (1 Viewer)

Ha, yeah that review came across as fairly bitter or something. It's terribly written aswell, you'd wonder how much music some reviewers listen too. They're clearly not poor musicians, there's a definite style there and, 'borrowed surf-rock influences of the Beach Boys'.. yawn. Siobhan Maguire can stick her lazy, clichéd writing up her hole. I think the production is a nice fit with the tunes, which I quite like. Might head in tomorrow.

Sounds like someone has a vendetta against this journalist. Giving out about someone's writing by calling it clichéd, how obvious!

Having said that

Think drizzly Dublin rather than sun-drenched California

I read this as a good thing. I'd prefer my Dublin bands to sound like they're from Dublin thanks.

Sounds like someone has a vendetta against this journalist. Giving out about someone's writing by calling it clichéd, how obvious!

Fair 'nuff, 'lazy' aswell: pretty uninspiring stuff.
It did dawn on me that I was no better with my rant but then again I'm not in a position to put my initials after a ST muzak review..
No vendettas here, I'd gladly let her take me out for a sun-drenched burrito in drizzly Dublin.

i remember seeing the squareheads live and they reminded me of grunge a lot. way more raw live in my memory, a bit like the song circle on the record.

Well I suppose you picked up on that aspect of things because it's fairly apparent and you're not a dumbass.

They are certainly not "mediocre musicians".

I thought about Ian playing bass when I read that and did an actual eyeroll.

a label which has sniffed out some Ireland's worthiest alternative acts including The Redneck Manifesto and ASIWYFA.
I like Richter and all but that's an absurd statement.

Glad to finally read this review. It sure is negative, and doesn't show any insight. In fairness, insight would be a very unusual quality in an Irish music review.

I don't like when Lili Marlene dismisses posts as 'obvious'. It's the one weakness in an otherwise impressive all-round game: his predictable desire for innovation.

I do love the Kurt Cobain style lyric writing, impressive album all round for me.

Do it and I'll catch up with ya after practice. Floor space here for ya too.

what's all the kafuffle about? it was just a bad review.

the review part is fine. Not very insightful, but fine. Thats her opinion so grand.

Its the personal attack on the band that I don't like. Theres a way of saying you don't like something without being a complete cunt about it. SM failed to do that.

Users who are viewing this thread

Activity
So far there's no one here
Old Thread: Hello . There have been no replies in this thread for 365 days.
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.

21 Day Calendar

Fixity/Meabh McKenna/Black Coral
Bello Bar
Portobello Harbour, Saint Kevin's, Dublin, Ireland

Support thumped.com

Support thumped.com and upgrade your account

Upgrade your account now to disable all ads...

Upgrade now

Latest threads

Latest Activity

Loading…
Back