Spotify...its grand and all (2 Viewers)

• Thread starter GO
  • Start date
  • Replies 442
  • Views 30K
  • Watchers 12
I only have bandcamp and everything I own on a home NAS. But the streaming from that isn't the may west. USB in the car full of stuff. Otherwise it's youtube/laptop/CDs/records at home.
I ditched streaming services about a year ago and have all my digital music on a NAS as well. I did figure out after a lot of trial/error/googling/buying a raspberry pi how to selfhost the lot from a cupboard in my hallway and listen to the tunes on my phone while walking the dogs

Am probably ditching my €18 Spotify family account and going with the €28.95 bundle of Apple Music, TV, 2TB iCloud storage, and something called “Apple Fitness”(?) but we’ll see.
Punk rock in 2022

Between my records (and still buying them, despite reaching rip-off margins once again by majors), Bandcamp and YouTube, I think I’m covered?

I ditched streaming services about a year ago and have all my digital music on a NAS as well. I did figure out after a lot of trial/error/googling/buying a raspberry pi how to selfhost the lot from a cupboard in my hallway and listen to the tunes on my phone while walking the dogs
What app/media server do you use for streaming from the NAS when you're away from the house?

Not closing my Spotify account because Rogan is an idiot, also would be in favour of turning off all streaming services today.

I just played a game of chess against a total neck beard called Rogan Joe from New Zealand. Thats his real name! Ha
He was streaming on twitch the mad lad. Also he was fucking rubbish..less yacking more thinking Joe.

How is your chess game? I had to stop playing when 15 year olds were beating me in 4 moves.

Its ok. Hovvering around 1950 on lichess 10 mins

I play too many games whilst fiddling with synth vsts or I'd be well over 2000 I reckon

What app/media server do you use for streaming from the NAS when you're away from the house?
Ive got a synology and they have their own apps. For music I have one called DS Audio on my phone. Can take a while to log in, but is fine.

To view this content we will need your consent to set third party cookies.
For more detailed information, see our cookies page.

nigh eve6 said:
100% of that goes to our former label sony

100% of streaming revenue goes to that person's label? How is that Spotify's fault?

(also average payout is .003 dollars per stream, not cents)

To view this content we will need your consent to set third party cookies.
For more detailed information, see our cookies page.

100% of streaming revenue goes to that person's label? How is that Spotify's fault?

(also average payout is .003 dollars per stream, not cents)

Because the label part owns spotify like he explained?

Users who are viewing this thread

Activity
So far there's no one here

21 Day Calendar

Lau (Unplugged)
The Sugar Club
8 Leeson Street Lower, Saint Kevin's, Dublin 2, D02 ET97, Ireland

Support thumped.com

Support thumped.com and upgrade your account

Upgrade your account now to disable all ads...

Upgrade now

Latest threads

Latest Activity

Loading…
Back