Spotify...its grand and all (1 Viewer)

• Thread starter GO
  • Start date
  • Replies 442
  • Views 30K
  • Watchers 12
Meanwhile

I think i'd be better off just purchasing the albums I listen to on cd rather than have a monthly fee for major streaming service for Neil Young and a monthly fee for a minor streaming service for Irish artists.

Not that anyone on thumped could be accused of not buying physical music.

I think i'd be better off just purchasing the albums I listen to on cd rather than have a monthly fee for major streaming service for Neil Young and a monthly fee for a minor streaming service for Irish artists.

Not that anyone on thumped could be accused of not buying physical music.

Yeah you aren't wrong.

I'm tempted to get it for a year, see how i feel about it. price of two vynilss more or less. I'm just at the 'i know it exists' stage here.

There's a thread on reddit about Nils Lofgren taking his stuff down too. They are all going mad with the "who's this guy." "fuck him" etc.

There is a generation that all they know is streaming, and we should look down on them.

I only have bandcamp and everything I own on a home NAS. But the streaming from that isn't the may west. USB in the car full of stuff. Otherwise it's youtube/laptop/CDs/records at home.

There is a generation that all they know is streaming, and we should look down on them.

I was training someone recently and i use a fair bit of sarcasm to move things along. Anywhooo i was saying 'this is a mouse for a computer, have you used one before' and they responded 'yeah i think i did last year once'.

I nearly died of old age on the spot.

There's a thread on reddit about Nils Lofgren taking his stuff down too. They are all going mad with the "who's this guy." "fuck him" etc.

I only have bandcamp and everything I own on a home NAS. But the streaming from that isn't the may west. USB in the car full of stuff. Otherwise it's youtube/laptop/CDs/records at home.
It's just people who don't like music. No shame in it, they have their own interests. 20 years ago they'd just put on Radio 1 or Today FM and listen to whatever TWO HOURS OF NON-STOP CLASSIC HITS was on there, now they put on whatever the Spotify classic algorithm playlists play them, it serves the same function except any money in it is funneled out of the country.

It's just people who don't like music. No shame in it, they have their own interests. 20 years ago they'd just put on Radio 1 or Today FM and listen to whatever TWO HOURS OF NON-STOP CLASSIC HITS was on there, now they put on whatever the Spotify classic algorithm playlists play them, it serves the same function except any money in it is funneled out of the country.

Also a lot of twitter chatter this weekend about Dan Hegarty and all losing their jobs. Which is bad news tbf. But it's happening because no one listens to the radio, not some conspiracy.

What percentage of the 13-30 bracket listen to the radio? Not many would be my guess.

Also a lot of twitter chatter this weekend about Dan Hegarty and all losing their jobs. Which is bad news tbf. But it's happening because no one listens to the radio, not some conspiracy.

What percentage of the 13-30 bracket listen to the radio? Not many would be my guess.
They have a point, more people would probably listen to the radio if it had a bit of personality but everything is still Atlantic 252 these days. I have a radio down here that I pop on every now and then but my choices seem to be endless Brendan O'Connor or interchangeable drive-time shows. Sunday Miscellany and a scratchy BBC Radio 4 are about as good as it gets.

Ahh fuck Dan Hegarty is gone?!

There goes my hope of getting my new amazing album some airtime

Meanwhile

minm charges a fiver a month, and distributes 90% of it, so they distribute 4.50 per user per month to artists/labels. Spotify charges a tenner a month, and distributes 70% of it, so they distribute 7.00 per user per month. How is minm supposed to be making anything better?

They have a point, more people would probably listen to the radio if it had a bit of personality but everything is still Atlantic 252 these days. I have a radio down here that I pop on every now and then but my choices seem to be endless Brendan O'Connor or interchangeable drive-time shows. Sunday Miscellany and a scratchy BBC Radio 4 are about as good as it gets.
Maybe. These kids these days. They have their playlists and they love sharing them.

I'd guess the station/show playing the most Irish music on FM these days is Livedrive on Dublin City.

Wonder what the hours are on those listens. Lyric not looking too safe.

p.s. I have absolutely not frame of reference here.

Wonder what the hours are on those listens. Lyric not looking too safe.

p.s. I have absolutely not frame of reference here.

Yeah lyric aren't gonna look great in under 35s, think they do all their business in the upper ages.

Think this one is essentially office hours. These are the documents used by stations to sell adverts to fund their business.

Users who are viewing this thread

Activity
So far there's no one here

21 Day Calendar

Lau (Unplugged)
The Sugar Club
8 Leeson Street Lower, Saint Kevin's, Dublin 2, D02 ET97, Ireland

Support thumped.com

Support thumped.com and upgrade your account

Upgrade your account now to disable all ads...

Upgrade now

Latest threads

Latest Activity

Loading…
Back