Soup - a horror story. (1 Viewer)

When I was really young, I kind of liked soup. I would have much preferred sandwiches with chocolate filling or anything that had excess sugar in/on it, but sometimes circumstance forced me to eat soup. My mother would occasionally be too tired to make a proper dinner and I would make do with soup. After fifteen minutes to an hour of kicking and complaining about how liquids did not count as a proper dinner (even as a child, I had an outstanding vocabulary and grasp of the English language), I would drink this liquid melancholy. Much like masturbating, I enjoyed it while I was taking part, afterwards I felt used and disgusting and wanted the evidence that I had taken part destroyed immediately.
I actually liked the taste sometimes, I was just really stubborn. If you told me what the flavour was, I wouldn't eat. Maybe I just liked the mystery of eating something unknown. Those few seconds as I raised my luminous yellow spoon to my mouth were riveting. It could be tomato, it could be veg. Who would truly know? With the exception of my mother who had both cooked and purchased said soup.
Now that I am older, I enjoy soup. There were a few years in my early teens where I despised it and then in my late teens, I was indifferent towards it at most.
It took a lot of courage to come out and say this. I hope people can relate to my struggle. I overcame a hatred associated with soup which was ingrained in my personality from a very young age, and a very developmental period for a human being.

Damn,thought this was gonna be about the band

To view this content we will need your consent to set third party cookies.
For more detailed information, see our cookies page.

I love soup.

I often have it for breakfast and dinner

Make everything from scratch. I wouldn't be messing with none of that Erin powdered muck.

Chicken stock plus carrots/onion/celery/leek and tear a few bits off the chicken.

After that you can add what you want. Throw in a bit of chorizo chopped up, some fried red peppers, no one's gonna say anything.

You can do anything with it. Improvise. Soup is like jazz.

Except you don't have to pretend to like it.

When I was really young, I kind of liked soup. I would have much preferred sandwiches with chocolate filling or anything that had excess sugar in/on it, but sometimes circumstance forced me to eat soup. My mother would occasionally be too tired to make a proper dinner and I would make do with soup. After fifteen minutes to an hour of kicking and complaining about how liquids did not count as a proper dinner (even as a child, I had an outstanding vocabulary and grasp of the English language), I would drink this liquid melancholy. Much like masturbating, I enjoyed it while I was taking part, afterwards I felt used and disgusting and wanted the evidence that I had taken part destroyed immediately.
I actually liked the taste sometimes, I was just really stubborn. If you told me what the flavour was, I wouldn't eat. Maybe I just liked the mystery of eating something unknown. Those few seconds as I raised my luminous yellow spoon to my mouth were riveting. It could be tomato, it could be veg. Who would truly know? With the exception of my mother who had both cooked and purchased said soup.
Now that I am older, I enjoy soup. There were a few years in my early teens where I despised it and then in my late teens, I was indifferent towards it at most.
It took a lot of courage to come out and say this. I hope people can relate to my struggle. I overcame a hatred associated with soup which was ingrained in my personality from a very young age, and a very developmental period for a human being.

My first post of the week nomination.

strewwelpeter_zps58fbb86b.jpg

Celeriac is a great thickener for curry soup.

Most veg are. After your veg are nice and soft, but before adding any meat, put half of your soup through the food mixer and give it a good whizz, then add it back to your pot and add the meat.

Nice thick soup with blended flavours. Everyone's a goddamn winner.

Users who are viewing this thread

Activity
So far there's no one here
Old Thread: Hello . There have been no replies in this thread for 365 days.
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.

21 Day Calendar

Lau (Unplugged)
The Sugar Club
8 Leeson Street Lower, Saint Kevin's, Dublin 2, D02 ET97, Ireland

Support thumped.com

Support thumped.com and upgrade your account

Upgrade your account now to disable all ads...

Upgrade now

Latest threads

Latest Activity

Loading…
Back