Soundgarden reform... (1 Viewer)

When's the Mad Season reunion going to happen?

2 out of 4 ain't bad.

I don't think Soundgarden are in the league of Nirvana, AIC and PJ - more of a 50% band for me. But it was a great 50%
I will accept any bit of grunge thrown my way these days, particularly after the amazing AIC album last year.

didn't see ZZ Top. What did they do?

It was Cheap Sunglasses Gary. I watched all 6 episodes on catch-up TV last night. Some amazing footage. Johnny Winter, Nazareth, Quo, Motorhead, Horslips, DC, Dire Straits... Fuckin' great stuff. Also plenty of class stuff that I'd never heard of before like Be Bop Delux and Link Wray

As for Soundgarden. They're one of my favorite bands of all time. I've seen them play well. I've seen them play shite. Not too excited about the reunion, but I'll go and see them. Cornell was class in Dublin last year.

they were pants at sunstroked. phoned it in. and chris cornell has become more annoying as the years have passed.

but badmotorfinger sounds like nothing else from that period, probably becuase of terry dates production as much as the band. it's a classic record. superunknown is ok, but i'd put down on the upside ahead of it to be honest. louder then love still gets the occasional spin in our house.

if they came and it wasn't very expensive i'd probably go. but they'll play a festival for sure.

I enjoyed that RDS gig. Saw them a couple of days later in Reading too and they were quite good. I think they're just not suited to those HUGE gigs. They got big on the back of the grunge thing and so played big gigs. Hoping they don't play a festival, but they probably will.

superunknown is ok, but i'd put down on the upside ahead of it to be honest.

i'd agree, i've had great difficulty getting humans to appreciate d.o.t.u. though, i think you actually have to listen to superunknown 450 times to get your head into the frame of mind to really enjoy it. must fire it on now anyways.

Badmotorfinger is one of my Top 5 Albums of all time. I don't think there's anything else at all that sounds like it. Slaves and Bulldozers, Jesus Christ Pose, Somewhere, Room A Thousand Years Wide,Holy Water, and FACE POLLUTION!!!
This album taught me how weird timings and odd tunings didn't necessarily have to sound weird and odd. Jesus Christ Pose was the first single for Gods Sake, almost 6 minutes of pummeling drums, screeching guitars, and screaming vocals. Amazing times...
Superunknown and Down On The Upside are great too. I remember it taking me ages to get into Superunknown though, it all sounded the same to me on the first 100 listens.

Users who are viewing this thread

Activity
So far there's no one here
Old Thread: Hello . There have been no replies in this thread for 365 days.
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.

21 Day Calendar

Lau (Unplugged)
The Sugar Club
8 Leeson Street Lower, Saint Kevin's, Dublin 2, D02 ET97, Ireland

Support thumped.com

Support thumped.com and upgrade your account

Upgrade your account now to disable all ads...

Upgrade now

Latest threads

Latest Activity

Loading…
Back