Sound engineer upstairs in Whelan's. (1 Viewer)

I'm a live sound engineer and I can't understand how people get through their careers with this sort of behavior. I'm always aware that I'm working for the band and that it's my job to make them happy and comfortable on stage and with their night as much as I have to make them sound good. Also I work in the NCH and if I acted like him even once I'd be shown the door and wouldn't be back. Some of these guys don't even step onto the stage to hear what the bands are hearing in their monitors. I don't get how you can be happy with your life if you go around treating people like that.

You should always complain about people like that. If you hired a plumber to fix your sink and he stood in your kitchen hurling abuse at you it would be a different story.

I think I've done a gig with this guy and he disappeared for ages before the gig and didn't come back at the time we told him that the gig was starting.

Luke is the guy with the goatie. He's nice.

PS. Hire me!

I'm a live sound engineer and I can't understand how people get through their careers with this sort of behavior. I'm always aware that I'm working for the band and that it's my job to make them happy and comfortable on stage and with their night as much as I have to make them sound good. Also I work in the NCH and if I acted like him even once I'd be shown the door and wouldn't be back. Some of these guys don't even step onto the stage to hear what the bands are hearing in their monitors. I don't get how you can be happy with your life if you go around treating people like that.

You should always complain about people like that. If you hired a plumber to fix your sink and he stood in your kitchen hurling abuse at you it would be a different story.

I think I've done a gig with this guy and he disappeared for ages before the gig and didn't come back at the time we told him that the gig was starting.

Luke is the guy with the goatie. He's nice.

PS. Hire me!

yep, did live sound for years aswell and i would always go out of my way to be as nice and as accomodating as possible even in the rare occassion a performer was being out-of-order.
i dont get how people get away with behaving like yer man did especially considering how many trained sound, soundguys are being churned out of colleges by the droves every year.

PS: also hire me!

Users who are viewing this thread

Activity
So far there's no one here
Old Thread: Hello . There have been no replies in this thread for 365 days.
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.

21 Day Calendar

Lau (Unplugged)
The Sugar Club
8 Leeson Street Lower, Saint Kevin's, Dublin 2, D02 ET97, Ireland

Support thumped.com

Support thumped.com and upgrade your account

Upgrade your account now to disable all ads...

Upgrade now

Latest threads

Latest Activity

Loading…
Back