Sound engineer upstairs in Whelan's. (1 Viewer)

Complain, simple as. I assume you paid for the room, so you're paying him. You wouldn't let anyone else you pay money to act like this, why should this behaviour get an exception.

I was speechless. He was acting like he actually wanted to start a fight. I, being a lover, was not about to indulge him. I'm glad to see I'm not alone anyway. The thing is though, If we bring our own engineer, we'll have to pay him and we're already paying Whelan's for that prick. It's a bit late now and I don't like cancelling gigs. Maybe he'll be in a better mood next time.

I was speechless. He was acting like he actually wanted to start a fight. I, being a lover, was not about to indulge him.

Yeah, that's exactly how it was with us. It was only after he stormed off that I was like "did that actually just happen...?"

It's not always the same guy that works upstairs there. Last 2 gigs I've played there it was a French guy called Chris and another dude for my album launch, who's name escapes me right now, dark hair cropped short and a goatee, both were sound to deal with and did a good job. Is it Julie that you're dealing with for the booking? Could you not ask her to make sure you don't get that guy?

I think Dave Allen is the guy one of my band-mates was talking to about it. He said they have to supply an engineer which is fine, provided it's not him. I'm gonna give him a ring tomorrow and see if they can sort us out with someone else. I'm not paying someone to insult me all night.

We stopped playing Whelans up because of that guy...

Of course there's plenty of this sort of behaviour about in other venues as well...

Getting good sound in a little venue in Dublin, without a crap atitude is pretty tricky...

It's not always the same guy that works upstairs there. Last 2 gigs I've played there it was a French guy called Chris and another dude for my album launch, who's name escapes me right now, dark hair cropped short and a goatee, both were sound to deal with and did a good job. Is it Julie that you're dealing with for the booking? Could you not ask her to make sure you don't get that guy?

chris is sound. a soundman in fact...

That guy is the most unpleasant sound engineer I've had the misfortune to encounter. Basically turned off all the lights in the venue and ushered the crowd out the door within 5 minutes of us finishing playing and before we'd taken down our gear.
Sound seemed fine in fairness, but seriously, not difficult to be cordial.

Users who are viewing this thread

Activity
So far there's no one here
Old Thread: Hello . There have been no replies in this thread for 365 days.
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.

21 Day Calendar

Lau (Unplugged)
The Sugar Club
8 Leeson Street Lower, Saint Kevin's, Dublin 2, D02 ET97, Ireland

Support thumped.com

Support thumped.com and upgrade your account

Upgrade your account now to disable all ads...

Upgrade now

Latest threads

Latest Activity

Loading…
Back