Someone had to start it.... witnness (1 Viewer)

Anthony

Supporter
Since 2000
Solutions
Website
www.themiddleagesband.com
Seeing as though you're all still asleep...
Witnness was a deadly buzz this year.
Absolute highlight: Sonic Youth playing Kool Thing.

I'll have photos online today

SONIC YOUTH were absolutely mindblowingly fuckingly amazingly brilliant. cornelius was totally cool too, that thing he did at the start where he touch the screen and the words flew out from his finger tips, too cool for words.

I really wish I saw Sonic Youth.

I'd say Witnness was full of fuckfaces who wouldn't appreciate them.

Just being bitter

sonic youth were incredible. i had a big stupid grin plastered across my face for the entire set. cornelius were also brilliant, though the sound was a bit ropy.

lowlights: the mud, the queues to get in (meaning that i was nearly late for my own gig and we played our first song to about six people)

i was unimpressed with it all to be honest, didn't arrive until half five because of the traffic, missed cornelius, saw beta band with shit sound, saw sonic youth who were pretty good considering i don't like their records, mercury rev were stunning, and i don't like their records either, prodigy were pretty good, they only played 3 new tunes(i think) baby's got a temper(whihc sounds much better live than on record but is still shite), nuclear which was pretty good and sommit else which was also quite good.
saturday was such a headwreck that i didn't bother going down yesterday and instead had the best sleep i've had in ages.

highlights:
rain on tin by sy.
the presance of joel mackey.
grand heavy set by trm.
smily goodtime john.
sunday sun.

lowlights:
mcd letting 40000 people into a sodden field.
sound in general in rising tent.
the presance ofthe complete stone roses.

sound in general in rising tent

yeah, there were a couple of spots in the tent where the sound was ok, but other bits where you couldn't hear anything properly. i think one of the problems was that they had no speaker near the back of the tent, just the ones on either side of the stage - i seem to remember there always being a speaker near the sound desk in the indoor stages at glastonbury.

Originally posted by billygannon
I really wish I saw Sonic Youth.

I'd say Witnness was full of fuckfaces who wouldn't appreciate them.

There was so much moaning about the price of the tickets and now you all moan because you didn't go and see ur favourite band. Make up your god damn minds people!:mad:

Originally posted by Sprite Boy

There was so much moaning about the price of the tickets and now you all moan because you didn't go and see ur favourite band. Make up your god damn minds people!:mad:

They're not my favourite band. They're my sixth favourite band.....

Originally posted by Sprite Boy

Rim Me Howil!

actually i didn't enjoy it all that much but i think that was because i peaked too early, i was getting tired of the mud and the shit sound way too early and had to sleep in a car so i went home on sunday. but that was mostly because i realised there was no-one i wanted to see that i hadn't seen before.

Users who are viewing this thread

Activity
So far there's no one here
Old Thread: Hello . There have been no replies in this thread for 365 days.
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.

21 Day Calendar

Landless: 'Lúireach' Album Launch (Glitterbeat Records)
The Unitarian Church, Stephen's Green
Dublin Unitarian Church, 112 St Stephen's Green, Dublin, D02 YP23, Ireland

Support thumped.com

Support thumped.com and upgrade your account

Upgrade your account now to disable all ads...

Upgrade now

Latest threads

Latest Activity

Loading…
Back