Someone had to start it.... witnness (3 Viewers)

i had a bloody deadly time.

highlights for me (apart from playin) =
gettin to 'introduce' The Redneck Manifesto
Sonic Youth bein so damn amazing
the sheer ridiculous amounts of free booze

Joel Mackey rocks!! .|..|
youngest rocker at Witnness :)

only made it into the field at 6 saturday due to traffic and a few other fuckups but Decal were really good i thought - and Warlords Of Pez was the highlight of my weekend! Redneck Manifesto were great too on Sunday. really enjoyed The Coral as well.
about the Rising sound - if anyone saw Idlewild is it just me or was the sound particularly bad? i was right up the front for it but it was the worst sound i've ever heard at a gig.
the organisation seemed to be a bit crap this year...especially the camping. but fun was had. Sonic Youth were pretty good what i saw...i'll have to buy an album of theirs lol.

foo fighters weren't good

i really like beta band

goodtime john was very good

greenday weren't brillaint

gonzales was excellent, very eccentric young fellow he is and very entertaining

david kitt i liked alot

Jimmy Eat World sucked

cornelius was good enough

turps i liked

sunday:

revs were ok excep tfor the very distasteful joke they made about disabled people wjhich i found offensive

idlewild i liked

badly drawn boy was dull and i wads too far away, i only knew it was badly drawn boy as i could make out the ghat

damien rice i like but lisa hannigan didn't really do good bhut with looks like hers ,,,,

devlins were excellent

mundy was very good

redneck ,manidfesto were ok for the part i saw

cooper temple clause were excellent and very enjoyable and the singer is insane and i like that

hoobastanki i liked

hamell on triall i really enjoyed as it was fun and entertaining, i found his joke about alzheimars funny despite the fact i knew someone with it

reindeer section really were cool, only downer was i had to leave damienr ice's setr early for them

the coral wa scool for what i saw of them

so the major disappointments for me was the acts on the main stage but altogether it was good

Did anyone go see Rival Schools, then the Cooper Temple Clause? I thought RS were cool enough. CTC just came out, and completely ripped the stage apart - absolooootely no regard for roadies/soundmen/security/the stage itself. It was a great show! .|..|

Gomez were all smiley, for some reason... fair play to them!

Woolbatron

Just who are you Hector? There weren't that many people that side of the stage.

My view would've been better is some blaggard hadn't kept getting in the way!

I was there for a bit, but then i legged it to get some booze or something, and they wouldn't let me back up...

i was deffo at thurstons side.

jim o'rouke's a bit wierd, isn't he?

Warlords of Pez (best band there) said it best:

Witness the Shitness.

I left early on Sunday because I was sick of the mud and drunken cunting fucks bumbing into me the whole time and covering me in their filth. It was the worst organised event I have ever been to, where the fuck did all the money go? not into the planning, that's fer sure. And these nordy bastards kept me awake all night shouting at their friend 'Sticky'. if I ever meet this Sticky, he'll have to get an orthopaedic surgeon to remove my foot from his hole.:mad: .|..| .|..| .|..| .|..| .|..|

Good times Baby!!

Gomez were fuckin deadly!! So were Sonic Youth and Air (bit short though), Prodigy are fat wankers and Oasis (could only stand one song) are Manchesters knackers in ladies underwear, who need to read the entire dictionary in order to improve on the dumbest lyrics in the world. They are now approaching '2unlimited zone'. Is it true Liam got a wallop of Mud in the face onstage?

Oh contaire!!

Originally posted by billygannon
I really wish I saw Sonic Youth.

I'd say Witnness was full of fuckfaces who wouldn't appreciate them.

Just being bitter

Sonic Youth were actually really well recieved. As they rockedthe joint to fuck! YEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEAAAAAAAAAAAAHHHHHHHHH!!!

Witnness was fun, best point was on the Saturday when PeePee wondered in a pair of rather fetching Wellington boots and then proceeded to moan about the mud and threaten to go home.........she was the best equipt person there!

Also that mistery man introducing TRM, and the other mistery man who did the moon walk during the set.

And Mervyn Redneck fucking a basket over the dressing square wall in on top of some unsuspecting band on the left, who ever they were.

Altogether I seen about 6 bands, and drank a litre of vodka and 6 pints on the Saturday and was to ill on the Sunday to drink anymore.

Originally posted by Wooly
Did anyone go see Rival Schools, then the Cooper Temple Clause? . It was a great show! .|..|

the Cooper Temple Clause were such generous people.

they don't even know how generous they were.

no...really....they DON'T know *how* generous they were.

hEEELO

WITNESS WAS FUCKIN MANKY!! I mean the music was the only good thing about the whole Fest. I nearly puked every time I had to piss in a Portaloo. I didn't eat much all weekend so I didn't have to dump in one. Phew! What was the story with have the place bein over run by Nordies? I've never seen the likes. Ah no...I met some sound lads from Derry. Then they wanted to wear orange ribbons to march in me tent. Fuckin ruined me sambos they did. Bandwise Air were amazing!!

Users who are viewing this thread

Activity
So far there's no one here
Old Thread: Hello . There have been no replies in this thread for 365 days.
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.

Support thumped.com

Support thumped.com and upgrade your account

Upgrade your account now to disable all ads...

Upgrade now

Latest threads

Latest Activity

Loading…
Back