Sociable Cooking (1 Viewer)

You should stick the recipe for that cake up here. It was divine!!!

:)

chocolate chili cake

120g dark chocolate
200g butter
1/2 jalapeno pepper, seeded and finely chopped
5 eggs, separated
2 teaspoons vanilla extract
1 1/2 tablespoons plain flour
1/4 teaspoon cream of tartar
130g brown sugar
2 cartons whipped cream flavoured with tia maria/kahlua/baileys/whatever

Preheat oven to 350f/180c and butter a 8-inch springform pan.
put the chocolate in a bowl and melt it over a pan of hot water.
add the butter and chopped jalapeno pepper, stir occasionally until smooth.
mix in egg yolks, vanilla extract and flour.
stir it for a minute and remove from heat.

mix the egg whites, cream of tartar and sugar and whisk it until you get bored/your wrist starts to hurt.
add the two parts together and pour into the pan.

Bake for 20 to 25 minutes, serve with whipped cream.

Is friday the best night for people? Fridays and mondays would suit me best. Saturday too if people want.

any dates been thrown out there for the next one?

squigs: how was 'the south' on saturday night?

If we're doing another Friday night then the 27th is best for me in the next while. Who's hosting this time?

Superbi (groan) actually - thankfully they played only 2 songs off the latest album so really good. I repeat - they are great live. It ended up being another after 5am night so I can't believe I'm alive!

Okay I'll definetly host one on Friday the 20th, and people can sort out the week after at the dinner. Should be able to take 10-12 people.

What format has it been in before? People bringing ingredients and then cooking, or more of a potluck thing where people bring prepared dishes?

Okay I'll definetly host one on Friday the 20th, and people can sort out the week after at the dinner. Should be able to take 10-12 people.

What format has it been in before? People bringing ingredients and then cooking, or more of a potluck thing where people bring prepared dishes?

the 20th is good for me.

the buzz so far has been bringing ingredients and cooking together. i was only at the one last week and i was a bit late so i didn't really do much prep and no cooking :eek: but i thought it was a good buzz to chat before the dinner.

any idea on a theme?

i think you guys should do a halloween themed dinner. include heaps of pumpkins and root veggies, and....eh....other halloweeny things that i can't think of!

and for the record ill be back on the 12th of dec til the 16th. (then i go snowboarding for a week) and then ill be back on the 23rd til the 5th of jan. so we have to do SC during those dates. ok?

ok? :eek:

i think you guys should do a halloween themed dinner. include heaps of pumpkins and root veggies, and....eh....other halloweeny things that i can't think of!

and for the record ill be back on the 12th of dec til the 16th. (then i go snowboarding for a week) and then ill be back on the 23rd til the 5th of jan. so we have to do SC during those dates. ok?

ok? :eek:

halloween roast? mmmmmmmmmmmmm.

hey la la, maybe on the 4th of jan we could have a goodbye la la/remembering phil lynott sociable cooking?

phillynott.jpg

Halloween themed does sound like a good idea. Unfortunately I can't make the 20th guys - all going according to plan I'll be in Prague.

Users who are viewing this thread

Activity
So far there's no one here
Old Thread: Hello . There have been no replies in this thread for 365 days.
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.

21 Day Calendar

Fixity/Meabh McKenna/Black Coral
Bello Bar
Portobello Harbour, Saint Kevin's, Dublin, Ireland

Support thumped.com

Support thumped.com and upgrade your account

Upgrade your account now to disable all ads...

Upgrade now

Latest threads

Latest Activity

Loading…
Back