sober things to do in Dublin (1 Viewer)

its a tricky one, off the booze too for january, lots of cinema/dvd action. went to the pub last week drinking coke and shit, wasnt as bad as i thought. much easier if you've someone to not booze with you.

the stuff you do when drinking, without drinking.

sobers aren't really catered for.

You've mentioned the cinema but thats been taken over by couples with mortgages who think they can't afford to go out.

Bowling, I dunno. Haven't been in years.

There are those late nite cafes - cafe moda or those. You'll need another non-drinker though.

Theres really not a lot to do. Gigs is about the best suggestion I can come up with

welcome to my world

Actually, I think the gym on Camden Street went 24 hours a while back, although I dunno did that work out for them. Fitness Dock or something?

As for sober things to do, I highly recommend hosting a games night. Or a quiz night, which is also good fun. It's just in the middle of being having mates 'round to hang out, and an actual 'event'.

I don't mind going to the pub and not drinking, although I do find it irritating how expensive it is to get a 7-up. One thing that's nice to do, especially on a weekend night, is to go to a hotel bar. Even though the minerals are even MORE expensive, you can basically just buy one or two and sit there for ages without being disturbed. If you're lucky they might even bring bar snacks.

Small theatre companies do productions for around the price of a cinema ticket. The acting might suck, but it'll give you something to talk about afterwards.

There's also the Seomra Spraoi, and there are cheap/free nights in pubs all the time, where there will be enough people there who are drinking that no one will notice (or mind) if you buy one Britvic and stay on pints of water.

Users who are viewing this thread

Activity
So far there's no one here
Old Thread: Hello . There have been no replies in this thread for 365 days.
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.

21 Day Calendar

Lau (Unplugged)
The Sugar Club
8 Leeson Street Lower, Saint Kevin's, Dublin 2, D02 ET97, Ireland

Support thumped.com

Support thumped.com and upgrade your account

Upgrade your account now to disable all ads...

Upgrade now

Latest threads

Latest Activity

Loading…
Back