soaps appreciation thread (2 Viewers)

What's your favourite soap?

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
so anyway, did you see the disgraceful way mandy stormed off on tony in hollyoaks yesterday?

kirstie said:
is that strictly speaking a soap??

I think it is. It's New Zealander soap. The Antipodean variety likes hospitals... it's kind of a slightly updated version of a Country Practice - which I liked.

Sons and Daughters is missing. As is The Sullivans. If Glenroe was a soap, then technically speaking these were too.

It's a grey area between historical/medical/crime/historical-medical/historical-crime/medical-crime/historical-medical-crime weekly dramas and soaps.

true. I only had 10 options though.

Shortland st - one of the guys in that looks very like one of the chemical brothers, which is not a recommendation.

I fucking HATED HATED HATED the Sullivans. I also hate Neighbours and Home and Away, they are just in there becuase I am kind of heart.

glenroe for me!

"Glenroe, originally a sleepy village is fast becoming a suburb. Dinny Byrne and his son Miley move to Glenroe from Bracken. We follow the two as they enter this new society, very different from life in remote Bracken. The issues of relationships, power, work and friendship are all well explored. This successful drama series is charming and humorous and well known for mirroring contemporary concerns. Pain, trauma, joy and success are all intertwined to produce a moving and tense dramatisation of life within a very ordinary rural community."

translated as: 581 episodes of comedy gold every sunday night. isnt that right teasy.

Well, Holy God.
Stacy said:
glenroe for me!

"Glenroe, originally a sleepy village is fast becoming a suburb. Dinny Byrne and his son Miley move to Glenroe from Bracken. We follow the two as they enter this new society, very different from life in remote Bracken. The issues of relationships, power, work and friendship are all well explored. This successful drama series is charming and humorous and well known for mirroring contemporary concerns. Pain, trauma, joy and success are all intertwined to produce a moving and tense dramatisation of life within a very ordinary rural community."

translated as: 581 episodes of comedy gold every sunday night. isnt that right teasy.

Emmerdale is fucking deadly, I think it's my favourite soap. Cain Dingle, Charity Dingle, Viv Hope, Eric Pollard and Steph Turner all make it a joy to watch at 7pm of an evening.

And even though Patsy Kensit can't act her way out of a paper bag her character is deadly. The wedding scene! Charity sprawled in a teary eyed wreck across the saturday night fever style dance floor!

Remember Sophie?

Sophie.jpg

odd how her face is a different colour to her neck. Bad makeup artist. Bad.

kirstie said:
Emmerdale is fucking deadly, I think it's my favourite soap. Cain Dingle, Charity Dingle, Viv Hope, Eric Pollard and Steph Turner all make it a joy to watch at 7pm of an evening.

Its the Zach/Shadrach comedy duo does it for me. Pure genius.

Plus Chloe, the scheming little minx that she is...(where's the drool smilie?)

My soap heroes:

Les Battersby
Zach Dingle
Jim Brannan
Alf Stewart
Joe Scully
Mondo's da.

DORROOFEEEEEE!!

MAHHHH SUNNN....he was MAAAAAH SUNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNN
Trinidad is one of my favourite Eastend Characters.

therecklessone said:
Its the Zach/Shadrach comedy duo does it for me. Pure genius.

Plus Chloe, the scheming little minx that she is...(where's the drool smilie?)

My soap heroes:

Les Battersby
Zach Dingle
Jim Brannan
Alf Stewart
Joe Scully
Mondo's da.

Users who are viewing this thread

Activity
So far there's no one here

21 Day Calendar

Fixity/Meabh McKenna/Black Coral
Bello Bar
Portobello Harbour, Saint Kevin's, Dublin, Ireland
Meljoann with special guest Persona
The Workman's Cellar
8 Essex St E, Temple Bar, Dublin, D02 HT44, Ireland

Support thumped.com

Support thumped.com and upgrade your account

Upgrade your account now to disable all ads...

Upgrade now

Latest threads

Latest Activity

Loading…
Back