So who's going to win the Mercury music prize 2007? (4 Viewers)

Ok then, tell me in what way Klaxons are the future of Music?? Seriously, I'm interested to know how anyone could think that. The most convincing argument I've heard so far is that they are 'a bit of fun'. That doesn't equate to the future of music.

I dont know about that. 2 drummers seemed to be a recurring theme of EP and shallow but fun seems to be where it's at.

I don't mind klaxons at all and I really dig their singles but they're so bad live.

Yeah I like their singles but never felt inclined to get their album. They seem like a singles band to me.
The Mercury Music Prize is as much a part of that self-congratulatory London cultural wankfest as the NME. The NME just gets the flak because they're a bit more juvenile. It's all horrible.

I must be losing it then, as he seemed to be giving me a pitchfork to kill myself. So if he agreed with my statement he just wants me dead.

Fair enough, I would just like a bit more clarity.

10102604A%7ETom-Berenger-Platoon-Posters.jpg

!ninjaaaa

It's the new thing to notice two drummers on stage when you're in the audience. It separates the hip from the square.

groom are deadly by the way - i was front row centre at the begining
;)
- leigh

'Klaxons' music is often supernatural and magic-realist in theme, as shown in a number of song titles and lyrical content. Examples of this are "As Above, So Below" (favourite saying of Aleister Crowley), "Atlantis to Interzone" (a William Burroughs reference), "Magick" (Crowley) and "Four Horsemen of 2012"/"Gravity's Rainbow" (Thomas Pynchon references). The original name of Klaxons comes from a line in the art text, The Futurist Manifesto. "Forgotten Works" also contains references and lines from Richard Brautigan's In Watermelon Sugar.'

ha!

Pat Benatar has an album called gravity's rainbow

eh....

I don't think it's meant that way

I was just laughing at someone on wikipedia trying to make them out to be amazing artists

I liked the Skream remix of not over yet. Pure euphoria on Sunday night so it was.

oh and by the way Pantone, all weekend, with good reason, all i kept thinking was...

PEASOUP
PEASOUP
PEASOUP
PEASOUP
PEASOUP
PEASOUP
PEASOUP
PEASOUP
PEASOUP
PEASOUP
PEASOUP
PEASOUP
PEASOUP
PEASOUP
PEASOUP
PEASOUP
PEASOUP
PEASOUP
PEASOUP
PEASOUP
PEASOUP
PEASOUP
PEASOUP
PEASOUP
PEASOUP

if they had a grand vision or direction or something i'd be ok with it but it just seems to be references for the sake of references, to prove that they read books and like art

Users who are viewing this thread

Activity
So far there's no one here
Old Thread: Hello . There have been no replies in this thread for 365 days.
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.

Support thumped.com

Support thumped.com and upgrade your account

Upgrade your account now to disable all ads...

Upgrade now

Latest threads

Latest Activity

Loading…
Back