So who's going to win the Mercury music prize 2007? (1 Viewer)

snort.
I think these young wans are more 'bad to have a bad uncle' - check out the track uncle kevin. www.myspace.com/deaddoginblackbag
It's catchy, but I don't really like them, the blonde one tried to start a fight with me when I was in London!!!

of course aoife, someone tried to start on you - i've still got that temple bar footage
wonder what i'll get for it..?

Klaxons are the sound of 1992. Or 1997. If they are the future I may as well top myself.

i've a pitchfork out back if you want to stab yourself with it
:rolleyes:
- leigh

i've a pitchfork out back if you want to stab yourself with it
:rolleyes:
- leigh
Ok then, tell me in what way Klaxons are the future of Music?? Seriously, I'm interested to know how anyone could think that. The most convincing argument I've heard so far is that they are 'a bit of fun'. That doesn't equate to the future of music.

Listen to golden skans, then go listen to some Masun records, then you'll realise it has been done many time before.

thought the young knives were okay, did what it says on their tin

Klaxons was a bit ropey alright, though hardly a shock win it's been one of the the biggest hyped record of the year

glad Amy didn't win and sad Bats for Lashes didn't win, her performance was pretty amazing

Does it say "Shit" on their tin.

I don't mind klaxons at all and I really dig their singles but they're so bad live.

did y'see when they did past awards... Roni Size, ah where is he now... two years later TAVLIN SINGH?! I had totally forgotten he ever even exsisted

They're both pretty good albums.

75% of the the Klaxons like dressing up as little Dutch boys and taking it up the rear end. This may, or may not, have helped them win over the Dutch boy-loving, buggerist judges.

of course aoife, someone tried to start on you - i've still got that temple bar footage
wonder what i'll get for it..?
that sounds menacing. Temple bar footage, lmao!
She was tit of the highest order, I stepped on her foot by accident and she starts slamming into me, y'know, that 'I'm pretending to dance but really I am pushing you' so I pushed her back (once) and she squared up to me! Twit.

Ok then, tell me in what way Klaxons are the future of Music?? Seriously, I'm interested to know how anyone could think that. The most convincing argument I've heard so far is that they are 'a bit of fun'. That doesn't equate to the future of music.

Listen to golden skans, then go listen to some Masun records, then you'll realise it has been done many time before.

the future of music:
http://uk.current.com/pods/scene/PD05730

Listen to golden skans, then go listen to some Mansun records, then you'll realise it has been done many time before.

they don't sound THAT much like mansun, maybe a bit like the guitar solo in wide open space

well i actually agree with you - the singles are ok, but the album i thought was piss poor

oh and I think we can all come together and agree that the biggest victory last night was The View not winning

yes yes and yes

who ever keeps saying young knives were shit is just wrong, okay

it's a bit hit and miss. Also they appear to have completely misunderstood the original meaning behind the title.
They were deadly live buh

Users who are viewing this thread

Activity
So far there's no one here
Old Thread: Hello . There have been no replies in this thread for 365 days.
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.

Support thumped.com

Support thumped.com and upgrade your account

Upgrade your account now to disable all ads...

Upgrade now

Latest threads

Latest Activity

Loading…
Back