So??? What of Pixies Dublin date??? (1 Viewer)

wrafter

Website
www.wrafter.com
Did anyone stage a walkout when the Pixies finished and before RHCP's came out - in my wildest dreams I'd love to see that happening, but I doubt many will do it.

Truly wish I was there tonight.

So, tell me, what news, what commentary, what songs, what kind of performance?

u-mass
bone machine
wave of mutilation
where is my mind?
river euphrates
no. 13 baby
crackity jones
mr. grieves
velouria

and all the usual stuff
they finished off with tame after an hour's set
i too couldn't see much and the sound varied wherever you went but their performance was just brilliant
wave of mutilation and monkey gone to heaven were just fantastic
my favourite was here comes your man

thought Pixies were brilliant. was right at the front and it sounded great :) ...barely standing by the time they played Tame though. twas very squashed.

the pixies were pretty good. they seemed a bored to me though.

it was funny.. it was mostly little girls up the front for the pixies (well where i was) and then lots of scumbag type guys showed up for RHCP (crushing the little girls in the process). they were better than i thought theyd be though.

i was nice to see the corpo video being played (despite the win tickets for slane, madonna overlay they had on it).

Eoddy Gorilla said:
Pixies were great in my opinion, loadsa people left after em, i was near an exit and there was a steady flow of people leavin before chilis.
I left the pit before Chilis but watched most of em from the side, they were much better than I thought they'd be.
did the Peppers play that song about periods?

Heavy Flow I think it's called

they (rhcp) did a cool bit of transmission by joy division
they weren't half as good as slane last year though
pixies played 26 songs by the way

pixies done good, gouge away was the best for me, they all seemed to be havin a laugh during it too

kim deal was a great advert for the kids with a fag jammed in her mouth for pretty much the entire set, and her geography skills of being able to point out the wicklow mountains were impressive

they played 75minutes by my watch, no? still great, even if they were specs onstage

Was fantastic, think I enjoyed it as much as the Primavera show. There was a bit more crowd interaction/actin the lig as well... Anyone got a full set-list?

well i had great fun at the pixies in a constant mosh pit with a load of the older fans.their was a great sense of community singing along with these total strangers. It was pretty spaced out when kim deal sang "In heaven" as frank black usually sings it in the most screeching way possible

Users who are viewing this thread

Activity
So far there's no one here
Old Thread: Hello . There have been no replies in this thread for 365 days.
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.

21 Day Calendar

Fixity/Meabh McKenna/Black Coral
Bello Bar
Portobello Harbour, Saint Kevin's, Dublin, Ireland

Support thumped.com

Support thumped.com and upgrade your account

Upgrade your account now to disable all ads...

Upgrade now

Latest threads

Latest Activity

Loading…
Back