So??? What of Pixies Dublin date??? (1 Viewer)

Unclealo said:
I saw some dude, calm as you like, take out his lad mid-conversation and piss on his friends leg right in front of him. Nice
I saw some poor bastard shit himself whilst walking down the road and continuing to roll his cigarette. That image is unfortunately my most vivid memorey of the day.

Unclealo said:
I saw some dude, calm as you like, take out his lad mid-conversation and piss on his friends leg right in front of him. Nice
aaaaaaaaaaa ha ha ha ha ha :D i would love to have the neck to do that to a friend who was pissing me off... it would be like, in my brain, "you know what? i disagree with what you're saying so much, and i think you're really stupid and really, the only thing i feel like doing right now is pissing on you... and you're going to stand still and take it, because you're full of shit..." and then they'd just have to stand there... i'd give them an icey stare, unflinching, maybe one or two twitches of my top lip, just to let them know i was actually enjoying it but that i wanted them to appreciate the serious side of what i was doing... who's with me?

Maybe it was the 1 hour+ walk from Parnell Street to the field of pixies, the sun beating down on me noggin, the tree pollin, or the red syrup on my mr whippy. I couldn't quite get a handle on the whole thing. There were skangers and skaters, moths and goths, middle aged hipsters and smiley family units, and a huge dollop of streaky haired young ones bouncing around in their top shop wear to 'Here Comes Your Man'.
We were about half way up the field, where we found a grassy knoll with a great view and surround sound. There were a couple of 'hair on the back of your neck' moments: 'Bone Machine'; 'Gigantic' and 'Velouria' with The Pixies were much tighter and punchier than I expected. And as soon as guitars were laid down we walked (and walked and walked and walked) out with roughly a quarter of the crowd for company.
I still can't figure why they played with RHCP other than for logistical reasons. And increasingly I can't reconcile the audience at gigs with the music at all. Next phase, new wave, dance craze, anyways it's still rock and roll to me.

Pixies were stunning. The Thrills sucked and it felt great to walk out when the Peppers started playing. I think they noticed me leaving too, and felt a bit hurt. I don't care though.

I wasn't there so all this is speculation but ever since the pixies were added ther has been talk of masses of people leaving when they finished. I reckon that's bull. They are still just the Pixies, absolutely nothing compared to the popularity of RHCP. Seriously, maybe 2,000 people leaving out of a crowd of 100,000. Who's going to care?

Anthony said:
I wasn't there so all this is speculation but ever since the pixies were added ther has been talk of masses of people leaving when they finished. I reckon that's bull. They are still just the Pixies, absolutely nothing compared to the popularity of RHCP. Seriously, maybe 2,000 people leaving out of a crowd of 100,000. Who's going to care?
Pixies where great, but reckon youre right, stayed on for the RHCP
to see what they were like (bland inoffensive rock)
but still loads of people there.

And did they play that new tune Bam Thwok? It's Frank Black and the Breeders (feat. Joey Fucking Santiago and the drummer from the Pixies).

Pixies were superb. Got into the pit at the front. woo! Dodgy sound for first couple o songs but then it got sorted. All the songs you wanted to hear were played in superb fashion. Met Joey Santiago en route to gig. Woo. Promptly left straight after the pixies.

TheDonnasTurn21 said:
And did they play that new tune Bam Thwok? It's Frank Black and the Breeders (feat. Joey Fucking Santiago and the drummer from the Pixies).
email me, bk!!!bing

was kim deal really fatter than frank black francis?

yeah really enjoyed the pixies. they were fantastic..exactly as i expected. woulda been cool if they played olympia/ambassador kinda place..but they were deadly. they played all the songs i wanted to hear too..gigantic, bone machine, monkey gone to heaven, holiday song, caribou, velouria, broken face, educational..loads! they banged out a fuckin haep of songs...fuck it was deadly!

pity the place was filled with mongo white trash fucks. jesus the place was ugly.
so many extraordinarily obese and sweaty people. and of course i was placed beside a bunch of trippin' fat hicks..had to move away from their dribbling faces.

chili willy were grand...nothing as good as anytime ive seen em before. loved the way the wanky jazz trumpet bit was totally lost on the mongo hick 2fm listeners.

did anyone actually manage to get a fucking beer? 1000 people in the queue!!

roxy said:
How long did RHCP play for? Heard it wasn't so long, like...
They played for as long as it took to cue for two beers (10-15 mins)
and then consume them with one trip to the scary portaloos.
We spent most of our time laughing at the audience and Anthony Keides
totally gay (tony and guy) picture perfect hair.

Anthony said:
I heard that RHCP played exactly the same set as Slane, right down to the raps between songs. Is this true?
nope. they didnt play much old stuff...bar give it away and under the bridge. at slane they played some cool shit like soul to squeeze and a good few old stuff.

Users who are viewing this thread

Activity
So far there's no one here
Old Thread: Hello . There have been no replies in this thread for 365 days.
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.

21 Day Calendar

Fixity/Meabh McKenna/Black Coral
Bello Bar
Portobello Harbour, Saint Kevin's, Dublin, Ireland

Support thumped.com

Support thumped.com and upgrade your account

Upgrade your account now to disable all ads...

Upgrade now

Latest threads

Latest Activity

Loading…
Back