So??? What of Pixies Dublin date??? (2 Viewers)

Stacy said:
i was nice to see the corpo video being played (despite the win tickets for slane, madonna overlay they had on it).

Can somebody else confirm this? Cause if it was, damn it, I'm ringing MCD tomorrow and finding out more. None of this nancy liberal property is theft stuff, cause if i've been ripped off, i'm gonna stick it to the man.

Anthony said:
I heard that RHCP played exactly the same set as Slane, right down to the raps between songs. Is this true?
the set was completely different to slane
slane had loads of stuff from By The Way but the other day was more evenly spread out over their back catalogue

lorcanzo said:
i heard anthony keidis ate a live baby on stage, is this true?

yo, japman, i was asking a serious question. i have intellectual property rights you know. this could be people illegally copying and lending my stuff, something that i would *never* do.

cue: jokes about intellect.

pssc said:
the set was completely different to slane
slane had loads of stuff from By The Way but the other day was more evenly spread out over their back catalogue

thanks for clearing that up. the person who told me it was the same probably wasn't even there.

yes, pixies were awesome. got a bit carried away myself, considering i'm old now. i accidently head-butted this shirtless skinhead type in the back of the head. he didn't actually notice. i apologised and rubbed his head and he didn't notice that either.

did anybody think that the pixies would play a smaller date here?
i was expecting them to announce an olympia show or something like that considering that in the last year, frank black has played in tbmc, vicar st, and even in tower records.
i though maybe that he really liked ireland
oh well

pssc said:
did anybody think that the pixies would play a smaller date here?
i was expecting them to announce an olympia show or something like that considering that in the last year, frank black has played in tbmc, vicar st, and even in tower records.
i though maybe that he really liked ireland
oh well
I hoped they would;
despite having seen them on their two previous visits to Ireland and being content with great memories I was looking forward to seeing if they could pull it off/still cut it

There was no way I was going to the Felix Park to see them in those circumstances

what do people think of the live CDs thing they are doing?

also
anyone remember the original Death To The Pixies - live bootleg from round 1989/90?
and the t-shirt of the same era?

the bongo said:
Can somebody else confirm this? Cause if it was, damn it, I'm ringing MCD tomorrow and finding out more. None of this nancy liberal property is theft stuff, cause if i've been ripped off, i'm gonna stick it to the man.

It was on about one... in between two vodoafone ads. The video only included the dancing in the car park bits. There was no telephone intro/zombie no disco ending.

Aron

Users who are viewing this thread

Activity
So far there's no one here
Old Thread: Hello . There have been no replies in this thread for 365 days.
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.

21 Day Calendar

Fixity/Meabh McKenna/Black Coral
Bello Bar
Portobello Harbour, Saint Kevin's, Dublin, Ireland

Support thumped.com

Support thumped.com and upgrade your account

Upgrade your account now to disable all ads...

Upgrade now

Latest threads

Latest Activity

Loading…
Back