So What Are Ye Making Of The DEAF? (2 Viewers)

I heard he'd cancelled? I was at Max Tundra last night and it sucked worse than a lemon.

So far :

Thursday - Exile/Chevron (Fucking deadly.)
Friday - Electro in Soul 28 (deadly), 0=0 in Bassbin (not so deadly)
Saturday - Filmbase (bits and pieces were ok, but mostly meh). I wanted to go to Afuken but alas.
Tonight - UR (tbc)

Antrophe said:
I heard he'd cancelled? I was at Max Tundra last night and it sucked worse than a lemon.
heard he played a shit dj set, records running out and shit. bad un.

first year I haven't been to anything, it seems really low key this year or something.

Galaxy 2 Galaxy, the UR live band, were fucking amazing. Techno played by a band is an idea that really shouldn't work. In fact the number of ways in which it could go horribly horribly wrong are too many to list. But somehow this was the best gig I've seen in ages.

It wasn't really techno thought. OK parts were, but I would have classified most of it as soul/jazz/whatever.

pat kenny said:
the deaf fest is the most boring festival in the world. its official.......

As somebody who spent part of the weekend in Cork as well as part of it in Dublin I can testify that it isn't even the most boring festival of the bank holiday weekend in Ireland. What would you prefer? A shitload of indie dullards?

sorry, made a mistake. the mor fest is no 1 most boring, no 2 most boring is the deaf. the line for deaf was impressive, some excellent acts. as for the crowd it attracts, they should all do a crash course in how to have fun. right pack of bores.
no spark in the fest. no vibe at all.

only made it to the arthouse gig on saturday,spent most of the time in the basement which i thought was excellent in particular roger doyle and pamela kurstin. its quiet a common irish attitude to slag off anyone whose making an effort to try and develop some sort of scene in ireland. same sort of wankers how probably never go to any of these things anyway. if only there where more events like deaf, mor, darklight and so on, ireland would be a better place, and people would have an alternative to the shite pub and club(not all) scene.!bing

pat kenny said:
sorry, made a mistake. the mor fest is no 1 most boring, no 2 most boring is the deaf. the line for deaf was impressive, some excellent acts. as for the crowd it attracts, they should all do a crash course in how to have fun. right pack of bores.
no spark in the fest. no vibe at all.

You must have been at different gigs to me then - the crowd at the UR show were well up for it and had the floor of the Village shaking on more than one occasion.

DEAF-WHAT A SHIT NAME. LAME LAME LAME..... AND I KNOW ALOT OF PEOPLE WHO'LL BACK ME UP IN SAYING THAT DEAF GRAPHICS /POSTERS/ADVERTISING ARE CONFUSING AND SHIT AND UGLY AND TYPICAL OF 'LAPTOP LOSER MUSIC'. EVERYONE PLAYIN' AIN'T A LAPTOP LOSER BUT THATS MY FIRST THOUGHT WHEN I THINK OF DEAF.
ALLAHQUANDO!!!

Osama Van Halen said:
DEAF-WHAT A SHIT NAME. LAME LAME LAME..... AND I KNOW ALOT OF PEOPLE WHO'LL BACK ME UP IN SAYING THAT DEAF GRAPHICS /POSTERS/ADVERTISING ARE CONFUSING AND SHIT AND UGLY AND TYPICAL OF 'LAPTOP LOSER MUSIC'. EVERYONE PLAYIN' AIN'T A LAPTOP LOSER BUT THATS MY FIRST THOUGHT WHEN I THINK OF DEAF.
ALLAHQUANDO!!!

You missed a fairly funky gig in Galaxy to Galaxy on Sunday.

Users who are viewing this thread

Activity
So far there's no one here
Old Thread: Hello . There have been no replies in this thread for 365 days.
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.

21 Day Calendar

Fixity/Meabh McKenna/Black Coral
Bello Bar
Portobello Harbour, Saint Kevin's, Dublin, Ireland
Meljoann with special guest Persona
The Workman's Cellar
8 Essex St E, Temple Bar, Dublin, D02 HT44, Ireland

Support thumped.com

Support thumped.com and upgrade your account

Upgrade your account now to disable all ads...

Upgrade now

Latest threads

Latest Activity

Loading…
Back