so back to college time!!! (1 Viewer)

We're forming a "drunken family guy, futurama and whatever you're having yourself" appreciation society

Does anyone know anyone who's actually joined DCU's jessica fletcher society?

do what i do. make a friend living on campus. live in their house when you have nothing to do. or just drink... or you could do both.
I like that idea! I don't smoke hash Corm and ain't much of a drinker, especially in the day-time. I like the college, it's grand and I have a few friends there but the course is fuckin boring. Stupid computers! Drunken Family Guy/ Futurama Society? I like! Jessica Fletcher Society? I like! We could watch Murder She Wrote between lectures! Fuckin DCU... Anyone see is today? I missed it... damn.

So what are the requirements for starting up a society? I remember posh kieth telling me years ago that he started up a homebrew society, got lots of cash for equipment etc and nobody else joined. Sounds deadly. Oh, and can any other ucd psuedo-punks tell me how to log on here from the ucd computers? It seems like the security his too high, but theres no way to get into the control panel to change it. Can you only do it on some pc's or what?

Weird. That's never happened to me. What computers were you in? Maybe it has something to do with the poxy massive "upgrade" they gave the ucd computers, disallowing me to use downloaded fonts for GZ posters :eek: . Bastards.

'Twas the main computer room down by the toilets when you come in the arts block door. It doesn't matter that much, but I always saw myself destined to be yet another in along line of student wastrels, wiling away the days posting inane muck on this forum. Pwah-Pwah.

theres a computer room in the arts building?! where are the computer labs anyway? i found two in the library. thats it.

apparently thats what the jessica fletcher society do. meet up once a week and watch a few episodes of murder she wrote. and talk about them. whats to talk about!? jessica is the murderer! she's connected to all the victims and usually 'finds' the body first! and her cover up is that shes trying to solve the mystery!

Sean (V.D.) said:
^^Yes! Dick Van Dyke is the shit! Do they get drunk while watching Murder She Wrote or something? There's mass hatred for Arts students by Science students. I hate stupid arts kids too but that's just cos i'm jealous of their fuckin 2 hour week the bastards!
what other groups do you hate?

wierd sister said:
So what are the requirements for starting up a society? I remember posh kieth telling me years ago that he started up a homebrew society, got lots of cash for equipment etc and nobody else joined. Sounds deadly. Oh, and can any other ucd psuedo-punks tell me how to log on here from the ucd computers? It seems like the security his too high, but theres no way to get into the control panel to change it. Can you only do it on some pc's or what?

Hmmm, I'm a pseudo punk AND I go to ucd, but don't know how to help you there. :p The computers in the basement at the moment are saying you need to be an admin or something but you should still be able to use them. There was a dutch gold society before but I think you need 200 signatures or something to set up a society.

yeah actually...alot of the blonde arts girls do look the same!
i should've done a course that i got a computer with...do science students get a computer? or is that the business students...coz if science students get a shit week and no computer then i can understand their jelousy of everyone else.

From what I understand you only "get a computer" if you're doing Economics or something and they make you BUY a laptop at the start of the year. Computers in arts block are in the basement near the lockers. The computer building is beside the bank. It's called the Daedalus building after some sculptor or something. Good to know, isn't it?

the strange guy said:
Friday is my day off to read books on statistics and a good day for avoiding stalkers.
my condolences dude, statistics is made out of the evil.

Societies in UCD: All you need is an idea and a proposal really, then you submit it to the societies office(r) (a guy called richard butler). And it's either approved or rejected. If you get approved you tend to have a year long probation and then agrant based on your membership.
Or something.

Users who are viewing this thread

Activity
So far there's no one here
Old Thread: Hello . There have been no replies in this thread for 365 days.
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.

21 Day Calendar

Landless: 'Lúireach' Album Launch (Glitterbeat Records)
The Unitarian Church, Stephen's Green
Dublin Unitarian Church, 112 St Stephen's Green, Dublin, D02 YP23, Ireland

Support thumped.com

Support thumped.com and upgrade your account

Upgrade your account now to disable all ads...

Upgrade now

Latest threads

Latest Activity

Loading…
Back