So... Alien (1 Viewer)

aliens aren't scary anymore. theres a new and deadlier threat these days...

aliens.gif

HitsLikeAGirl said:
Did'nt look like being intercoursed by an extraterrestial to me; but then again i've never seen t happen; so i would'nt know. THose darkhorse comics were fantastic. Really liked some of the story lines.

Apparently, Sigourney Weaver wanted James Cameron to include a scene in Aliens where she has sex with an alien and she also wanted to be killed off at the end. The studio said no to both ideas. It was only when she became a producer on Alien 3 that she was able to insist on the death scene and then when they waved $15 million (or thereabouts) at her for Alien Resurrection that she agreed to come back with the stipulation that they include the sex scene.

I think Resurrection is alright. But only alright. The underwater alien scenes are pretty good. Winona Ryder is possibly the worst actress ever and Ron Perlman has some pretty embarassing dialogue in the movie.

"demo mixes showcasing unusual sounds of serpent, didjeridu, giant conch plus " Awesome

Isn't there a bit of the Patton score wacked in their somewhere? Or did I imagine that?

all the soundtracks to the first three alien movies are so fucking good.

Arise Sirs Goldsmith, Horner and Goldenthal. Actually, Jerry you better stay seated seems as you're dead imho.

yeah, its 9 discs. definitely worth the upgrade, especially for the docs on alien 3. even though i love the movie, it could have been outstanding if they'd gone with the original ideas.
plus you get the both the theatrical versions and the special editions of each movie.
i got this last year, the documentaries and extras suck balls, no interviews, just lots of boring "this is how we made the egg" shit. alien resurection is total wank too. so i would say its not worth it at all.

hahahah the dreadlocked alien looks amazing!
they're called "predaliens" according to certain prominent internet nerds

Watched the extended version of Alien 3 the other day for the first time. Don't think its neccessarily better.

Beach scene is good
Non chestburster ending is good

Think they were right to cut out the bit with Golic letting the Alien out. Messes with the pace of the movie.
Dog chestburster is better aswell than the OX one.

Too much of the blue screened Alien in extended edition or maybe its just my imagination.

Watched the extended version of Alien 3 the other day for the first time. Don't think its neccessarily better.

Beach scene is good
Non chestburster ending is good

Think they were right to cut out the bit with Golic letting the Alien out. Messes with the pace of the movie.
Dog chestburster is better aswell than the OX one.

Too much of the blue screened Alien in extended edition or maybe its just my imagination.

the opening is so much better alright. i do prefer the dog burst too.

but i think the Golic thing is savage. he's a proper character. didn't know what the fuck he was doing in the original. makes so much more sense with that section in it. and for some reason i understand the geography of the place more for it.

Users who are viewing this thread

Activity
So far there's no one here
Old Thread: Hello . There have been no replies in this thread for 365 days.
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.

21 Day Calendar

Fixity/Meabh McKenna/Black Coral
Bello Bar
Portobello Harbour, Saint Kevin's, Dublin, Ireland
Meljoann with special guest Persona
The Workman's Cellar
8 Essex St E, Temple Bar, Dublin, D02 HT44, Ireland

Support thumped.com

Support thumped.com and upgrade your account

Upgrade your account now to disable all ads...

Upgrade now

Latest threads

Latest Activity

Loading…
Back